NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Thinking about getting my 2014 140bhp 2l tdi sport remapped. Not sure about the disadvantages or implications this would have on ny New car.
Info please :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well is just be careful of tuning as some dealers frown upon it however I have my beetle tuned and I love it :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
I tuned my bug and I don't think I will ever go back. I went from 150 hp to a little over 200 hp with a tune and a full 3" turbo back. So I say definately get a tune. It makes the car a lot more fun to drive.

·
My other VW is a VW
141 Posts
I have a Unitroncs Stage 1+ on my 04 and I love it. 220hp 260lb tq. Do it!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
this is about my car gooey,wild fuel milage,believe it or not lol

that's what im wondering.i never remapped mine and got rid of the vacuum canister,1 o2 sensor,has different injectors and a cam and kn filter and a homemade exhaust with Harley mufflers and no catt system.it doesn't even code,and sounds better than a turbo,befor I lifted it,and before 27s for tires I got 38-42 mpg.and its a 2.0l gas manual shift.i run motul bike oil in it for metric overhead cam engines,not car oil.got a spectra rad and a pronto metal pump,runs cold.it had 60,00miles when I got it 6 yrs ago,i put another 100,000 on it.never even chipped it lol.i think with the 8 inch front lift and 6 back with general grabbers on it I still get 35mpg in winter lol,not in town though by any means,those tires are heavy.everyone complains about fuel milage,but if you take all the American junk off them they even do better on a sniffer test.an electronic test it wont,but the tale is told with a proper gas reading.my car will still go 110mph lol,even on truck tires.not bad for 90 horse .wondering what the diesels get in reality stock on an average.im courious.mines just cabbaged together from bargin bin stuff and homemade stuff.only run 1 o2 sensor.guesse my computer isn't to bright or not fussy anyway.everyone else is having problems .I don't get it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully someone can advise us :) my beetle is 140bhp as standard so I'm curious as to what it could be remapped to :) I'm afraid I'm not that clued into the American stuff cause im in northern ireland but I think I get the jist of it lol

·
Senior Member Sponsor
1,345 Posts
I'm not familiar with TDI's. Remapping maybe part of it.

The diesel peeps I know, have always bumped up their injectors.

Until they could "Paint the grass" if you know what I mean.

Diesel's love diesel fuel.:)

Someone with more knowledge than me will chime in.

The TDI club is where I would head.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Not a T.D.I. guy, YET....but I have heard good things about these guys. Malone Tuning Ltd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts