VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Beetle Biiper Boy
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a necessary preface, I hit a deer a week ago, and the car was in the shop for (relatively minor) damage to the front left (smashed glass on drivers side head and turn lights, popped headlamp assembly out of body, various front bumper parts popped out of alignment).

Before the accident, two clicks on the remote "unlock" would open both driver and passenger doors. Since the accident, however, this will not unlock the passenger door. If I use the "unlock" button on the driver's side door, then it will unlock both doors, so it isn't a problem with the motor for the lock.

If I was making a wild guess, I'd say that a fuse somewhere got popped by the impact. It seems odd that a fuse would control only one of the door locks in the remote relay system, but what else could it be? The computer that receives the remote signals breaking such that it no longer recognizes the double-tap?

Any suggestions as to what I should look at? If I'd noticed it was broken earlier I'd have had the shop look into it when they were repairing the front, but it seems silly to go back in over something this small.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm having the same problem exactly (except for the deer-hitting part, but I did just get a new battery). Fob will lock both doors but will only unlock driver's door. The switch on the inside of the driver's door will unlock the passenger door.

Did you find out what was wrong with your car?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.