VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! so i have a 2000 vw beetle.

i had to reprogram my remote after changing the batteries . Reprogramming a key with only one key , isn't the smoothest but it isn't impossible.

so now that my key is programmed , now the remote wont lock and unlock my doors. Also the lock/unlock switches also dont work , on the driver side and passenger side.

any have an idea?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Does your trunk switch work? And do the power locks work at all? When I tried to program a key fob to y car the power locks and trunk switch stopped working and it was a relay(#100)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Does your trunk switch work? And do the power locks work at all? When I tried to program a key fob to y car the power locks and trunk switch stopped working and it was a relay(#100)

yes! the trunk opens fine with the key. When i press the buttons on the key , the car lights up and honks but the lock dont move.

and no the power locks do not work at all , they just stopped working

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would try and get another relay at the junkyard and replace it and see if it works then. I got two relays for a few dollars and then my locks and trunk release started working. My relay went bad after I tried to set a key fob with a screwdriver instead of another key. The picture below is what the relay looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would try and get another relay at the junkyard and replace it and see if it works then. I got two relays for a few dollars and then my locks and trunk release started working. My relay went bad after I tried to set a key fob with a screwdriver instead of another key. The picture below is what the relay looks like.

the windows started malfunctioning after i replaced my battery . do you think that has to do with anything?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts