NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking to remove the complete front plastic bumper shell from a 2006 NB for repairs and paint. I stated off by removing both two screws on both sides located under the left and right wheel well covers. Then remove the four big black screws on the top section of the cover.
I was under the impression that this was all that needed to be removed for the 2006 models. Can someone tell me were if any would I find any of the other screws that maybe hidden and delaying the removal. The illustration is of a 1998-2004 Beetle but kind of the same. Any help is welcome. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
13,127 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does look like the early models with the lower fog light grill plus the turn signal housing is different on the 2006, but I guess it is telling me that I cannot just remove the front bumper cover without first detaching the two wheel fenders in order to remove the complete unit then separate the parts afterwards.
This is mainly to repair the front bumper from damage of a parking lot barrier that tore the three retaining straps from the underside and split one corner and to be followed with primer and new paint. So I guess I can post the removal with some photos for the next person who tackles a 2006 model front cover section.
It helped, Thanks. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we got the front bumper off and it was not so bad in the removal part. Took about 20 min per side and we had both front tires removed for access to the inner wheel wells. Lots of sanding and some filling of the it holes but it came out perfect when all was done.

Attachments

·
Banned
33 Posts
We are looking to remove the complete front plastic bumper shell from a 2006 NB for repairs and paint. I stated off by removing both two screws on both sides located under the left and right wheel well covers. Then remove the four big black screws on the top section of the cover.
I was under the impression that this was all that needed to be removed for the 2006 models. Can someone tell me were if any would I find any of the other screws that maybe hidden and delaying the removal. The illustration is of a 1998-2004 Beetle but kind of the same. Any help is welcome. thanks
Hi,
Thanks for attached image. Hope it will work very well for me.

appreciated nice co-operation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts