VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Lads,

So I need to send my ABS module in to have the rebuild done to it.

From what I found on the net, it looked really straight forward but I have since learned that for my car, not so much.

The entire module needs to be removed to get the electronics off of it and that requires removing all of the lines. Bummer, but it is what it is.

So my question to you is:
From the procedures I have found online to remove the module, it says that the brake pedal is to be depressed while doing it? I have no idea why and was hoping someone could enlighten me to the reasoning behind needing brake pressure applied while removing the lines?

Cheers
Bernie

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a thread that has removing the ABS module in the procedure. I used this DIY myself and it was a big help.

Master Cylinder DIY Thread - NewBeetle.org Forums
Thanks for the link!

He says that you should "not disconnect the ABS module from the body or else you will be buying a new one". This is exactly what needs to happen as my ABS electronics module needs repair.

Any idea why he would say that?

Bernie

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
Thanks for the link!

He says that you should "not disconnect the ABS module from the body or else you will be buying a new one". This is exactly what needs to happen as my ABS electronics module needs repair.

Any idea why he would say that?

Bernie
Maybe because the DIY was for a removal of the pump, with no reason to disassemble.

I reckon, you could leave the pump intact and just take the whole thing in for service, right?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe because the DIY was for a removal of the pump, with no reason to disassemble.

I reckon, you could leave the pump intact and just take the whole thing in for service, right?
That's what I was thinking after.
I would suspect that the people who service these things know how to take them apart but then again - who knows?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts