NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in the title, that pretty much explains my issue!

Its a 2003 beetle, removal tool is PC5-93-H (european removal tool - Halfords | Autoleads Audio Release Keys PC5-93) as advised by store manager at Halfords here in the UK.

I put the removal tool in as advised by this guide:
Car Stereo Fitting | Car Stereo Removal | Remove Car Stereo Advice | Fit Car Stereo Help

And tried to pull the stereo as this guy does:
Volkswagen New Beetle Radio Removal - YouTube

The guy in the video made it look so easy yet I cant get the stereo out of mine.

Anyhow, managed to get one of the keys back out incase I had put them in the wrong way, suffice to say i'd put them in the way the guy does on the video. However, the other key will NOT come back out, and after putting the keys back in the stereo will just not come out.

Anyone had the same/similar problem?

Really getting to the point where I want to smash the damn thing to pieces!

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks
Luke

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
Yes, I have gotten mine stuck and it is a pain. The only suggestion that I have is I used a push/pull wiggle to get the stuck one out. Just be careful or you will bend the key and/or radio key clip; then you will have a real problem on your hands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have gotten mine stuck and it is a pain. The only suggestion that I have is I used a push/pull wiggle to get the stuck one out. Just be careful or you will bend the key and/or radio key clip; then you will have a real problem on your hands.
I'm wondering if this is maybe whats happened in the left hand slot, as i can now put the key in but it won't lock in, if i pull when i think its locked, it just comes out again :mad:

·
Registered
950 Posts
I replaced my stereo recently, and the first time pulling the old stereo out it was very difficult like you describe.

I just pushed in, and then grabbed on the cassette hole and pulled until it came loose on one side, then did the same on the other. I did not ever get it to push on both sides and pop out that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replaced my stereo recently, and the first time pulling the old stereo out it was very difficult like you describe.

I just pushed in, and then grabbed on the cassette hole and pulled until it came loose on one side, then did the same on the other. I did not ever get it to push on both sides and pop out that way.
Seems to be a recurring theme. A lot of people on other forums have said the same, that it can be a right pain. Others have said it can be a piece of pi**!
And i thought my Civic was hard to get the stereo out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts