NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2005 and it needs some work. So started with some replacement headlights and a few websites indicated the headlights I purchased would work. Unfortunately they came with a 3-pin plug and during installation I realized the car's plug is actually a 10 pin (9 pins are active it appears), so it's not compatible.

Has anyone else come across this issue, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?

·
Registered
13,846 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the correct parts and don't ry to mod, things that don't work. There has been more changes and revisions in the new beetle then you realize. The best thing to so is to use the part number off the old part or look up the current part number on vw's website or call. Your local VW dealer with your vin #.

https://parts.vw.com/?partner=Google_00407_VW_General_State_NM_Phrase

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah, I returned the new headlights. I was looking to give them the more modern, sleek look with some of the new headlights on the market but definitely don't want to "trick" things up. I am a little perplexed why websites will tell me it's compatible when it's clearly not.

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
With many aftermarket headlights being made overseas; it is always a crapshoot as to whether they will be plug/play and if the quality, support is there after the sale. It seems to be hard to find a high quality headlight; unless you go with a oem like Hella or VDO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts