NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
This is my first post so I hope I'm posting in the right place!

I am buying a 2005 new beetle convertible (1.8 turbo) tonight.
This is my first beetle and I am super super excited!

But the only problem is that it is mssing the rear centre armrest (the one that folds up and down for the very silly small access to the trunk!

Anyone know where I could buy a replacement rear armrest in black leatherettte, how much they cost or how easy they are to fit?

Thanks so much in advance

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I have an '05 NBC. I don't belive that is an armrest. It is a upholstered panel. Their are, I believe, two different ones. The standard, and the one that contains, or has as a feature, the ski bag, that accesses from the trunk and keeps the interior of the car from melting snow, etc. They may be the same, with the ski bag as an addition. I have never seen the ski bag option.

Definately going to be a Dealer or junk yard item, as anyone, with one, will be selling the seats also. Unless they are replacing the seats and the seats are trashed. I watch seats all the time, eBay for example, and I have never seen JUST the center insert. How would one loose this?

M.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you were right it is an upholstered panel rather than an armrest.

and problem solved - the dealership found it, it was tucked away in the trunk, hidden under the softtop cover

1 - 3 of 3 Posts