NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions for replacement speakers for my (new to me) 2000 GLS. The OEM's sound doesn't seem up to par.

Thanks,
Bob

·
El Subcomandante
34 Posts
I replaced the OEM speakers for polks, add 1 pair of 6x9 at the back and a 12" infinity SW. All powered with 3 amps..
I dont love spl, but i like fedelity and this brand really do the job.
I hope this helps.

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
I changed doors and back speaker with Infinity components and put an Infinity basslink in the trunk.... PERFECT SOUND, no need for another head unit...!!!

·
Just because!
3,712 Posts
I put a pair of Infinity 6002si in the front, and a pair of Boston Acoustics in the rear. I also run a MTX Thnderform powered sub for my bass.

Do keep in mind that the door speakers are for midbass. They are not full range speakers. (IN other words, you won't get any high frequencies out of them)

I don't about the non-Monsoon system, but the Monsoon system is a 2Ω (ohm) system. So if you put in a 4Ω (ohm) speaker, you'll have to crank it up a bit more to get the same volume level.

·
SLIMEBUG
435 Posts
I'm going to give the same advice that I give to everyone who asks me what speakers "sound good." My ears are not your ears. What sounds good to me, might sound too "tinny" or lack "natural sound." The best, most effective way to see what speakers you like best is to go into a store (several would be better), set the demo head unit's EQ to "Flat" and then give several brands and models a listen with the type of music you enjoy. Be sure to set the demo tuner's head unit to "Flat" though. Some stores tweak that EQ to make the speakers appear to sound better than they actually do.

Your ears are yours and the best recommendation I can give is to use them and trust them.

You don't have to buy the speakers in the store either. Go, have a listen, settle on a brand at least, and seek them out on the internet for a better deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts