NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that has to replace a fog light assembly on a 2012 VW Turbo Beetle, I just went thru the exercise and took some pics and added a comment or two. Please see the attached PDF. I found that you can not buy a lens and you must replace the whole assembly. Internet prices varied from $160 to $250. All genuine VW parts. Once you figure out what to do using the limited information in the owners manual, it is a fairly easy process. Took less than 30 minutes. Now if I have any issues with fog or turn-signal lamps burning out, I can change them very quickly. The key is taking your time and do not rush. There is always the dealer that will be happy to take your hard earned cash. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I was puzzled on how to get the trim off, once I found your how-to it was simple and quick. Job done!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lights

I need to change the bulb that is in where the fog light is. It isn't the fog light itself, the fogs work. Maybe it is the same bulb?
This light comes on with the headlights. I do not have the ring or hubcap remover tool. How in heavens name do I get the grill piece off? Those clips are HARD to remove? Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts