NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

The is low "wooosh" sound when the motor is under moderate-to-high load. The higher the load, the louder the sound. The CEL is on (code P0171 Lean Fuel trim). I think there's a leak along the Air Intake Hose and would like to know if it's difficult to replace, just the stock rubber section without the flange. Looks like this...

Thanks!

·
Keep It Real
1,746 Posts
Replacing this part is not too much trouble, if need a replacment, I have one from my 2000 Beetle 1.8t that is in great condition that I would be willing to sell..

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hi all -

The is low "wooosh" sound when the motor is under moderate-to-high load. The higher the load, the louder the sound. The CEL is on (code P0171 Lean Fuel trim). I think there's a leak along the Air Intake Hose and would like to know if it's difficult to replace, just the stock rubber section without the flange. Looks like this...

Thanks!
It's not necessarily your TIP or Turbo inlet pipe. Could also be a faulty Diverter Valve or a few other areas where vacuum leaks are common. Check all the vacuum hoses as well, if you still have the old braided covered kind replace them with more durable silicone type.

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts