NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Your Bug'n Me!
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by another thread that seemed to go haywire...I was wondering if someone could provide instructions on how to replace the base of the antenna. Mine is gray and has the feeling of sand paper. lol

My chilton said to leave this to a professtional...so I'm going to assume it has some work involved. Bring it on!!! lol.

·
same bug since 01!
70 Posts
i just got my new base and plan on installing it this week. I'll try to throw some instructions on here post install.

·
drugstorecowboy
2 Posts
I did mine a few years ago. Drop the rear headliner a bit and unscrew the nut that holds the antenna base down. Not a hard job at all. :)

Good luck!
I just did mine - be careful to not mess up the plastic on the molding. There are spring metal clips that fit into the plastic stays on the molding. If you can get a screwdriver to help pull these metal clips out without damaging the the plastic. I didn't know how this was held so I just pulled - the plastic gave and the metal stayed in place. I removed the clips and put them back into the plastic stays (I had to 'glue' one in place that ended up being too loose. They went right back into place after replacing the antenna (with a new stubby one). Connections were not a problem.
G'luck craig

·
Registered
82 Posts
I need to do my antenna and base. base is all cracked and borked.
If I order say this base, is there going to be a connector right there by the base, or does the first connector go all the way to the front of the car? (that would suck)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I need to do my antenna and base. base is all cracked and borked.
If I order say this base, is there going to be a connector right there by the base, or does the first connector go all the way to the front of the car? (that would suck)
Did you ever buy the base from e-bay? Mine is also sun rotting away

1 - 8 of 8 Posts