NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new to the forums, but I hope I can get some help from some of the more experienced folks on here. My 2000 VW Beetle has a sunroof. The headliner has started coming down and I am wondering if you have to remove the sunroof window to replace the headliner? Has anyone else had this done or do you know how it is done?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
A warm welcome to the greatest Beetle ORG on the web. We love photos, so, I hope you'll share a batch of yours!

There are several posts here about the headliner replacement, a quick search should point you down the correct path here.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi! I am new to the forums, but I hope I can get some help from some of the more experienced folks on here. My 2000 VW Beetle has a sunroof. The headliner has started coming down and I am wondering if you have to remove the sunroof window to replace the headliner? Has anyone else had this done or do you know how it is done?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
No need to remove the sunroof unless you are reupholstering the sunshade. Make sure you choose a fabric that is very stretchy or you will have difficulty with the curves in the headliner. If you redo the sunshade you will want a very thin fabric of it will be difficult to open/close. When you disassemble the headliner pay very close attention to how the old liner is wrapped around the edges of the backing. You will need at least 1.5 yards of material. 2 yards would be best if you plan to reupholster the sunshade. The headliner DIY post will explain everything else but it does not include much info regarding the sunroof. Hope this helps and good luck. I just did mine about a week ago and it came out okay for a first effort but not perfect...I may redo it again in the fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts