NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what I would be getting myself into attempting to replace a rear seat belt.

Long story short my dog chewed part way through the rear seat belt, I called my local dealer and they gave me an estimate of 670 for the repair. I am fairly handy and have done similar auto related projects but do not have any specialized car tools.

With that in mind, how difficult it is to access the assembly/remove the rear panel and then how difficult it is to swap the belt? Additionally would it be less hassle/less risky to just replace the whole seat belt system?

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
Being so new, most repairs have been made at the dealer; up until now, there are no "diys" per se on the site, for your particular repair. To do the repairs correctly and disassemble everything without breaking things, you might want to download the factory service manual from VW's eRWin site (there are no paper manuals available at this time). They offer online access for $36 for 24 hours of use and you can download as many manuals as your want in .pdf format (save to your computer; view, print, later at your leisure,etc).

IF you end up tacking the job yourself; please share your experience and any tips, you may have. This can help, the next person; who needs, to do the same repairs, in the future. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts