VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their stock horn that can share some tips? I'm wanting to install some Hella Supertones but I couldn't even find the stock one.

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've been replacing the Bug horn with Honda Civic ones since the 80's I like the "Meep Meep" that emits - just a me thing. Anyway I get one at the u pull it along with the connector and crimp on two spade terminals and plug it right in, some black tape keeps the moisture out of the leftover VW plug. Use good 3M tape as anything less is crap and starts unwrapping within days

Attachments

·
Beetle Minion
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great picture! Thanks! From where am I looking at your horn? I take it you had to remove the fender or bumper?

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
I've been replacing the Bug horn with Honda Civic ones since the 80's I like the "Meep Meep" that emits - just a me thing. Anyway I get one at the u pull it along with the connector and crimp on two spade terminals and plug it right in, some black tape keeps the moisture out of the leftover VW plug. Use good 3M tape as anything less is crap and starts unwrapping within days
Thank you, thank you, thank you.:giodjob:
I've been wanting to do the meep meep horn myself, and wondered what model car would do the trick. Thanks a ton!

Any specific 80's year you reccommend?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
488 Posts
I got this one from a newer Honda in a u pull it yard, they haven't changed them in all these years. Most of the time they are right behind the grill for an easy pic in a yard - no one wants them lol. Get about 6'' of the connector wire and crimp on two connectors. It will connect to the Bug plug this way - just seal it up with black tape to keep water out. my '66 Bug and my Dune Buggy have them as well. Love 'em

1 - 6 of 6 Posts