NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bubbles whoops ass!
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i seem to remember reading somewhere that with some vw's it's possible to reprogram the key fob to roll down the windows or open the sunroof automatically. my friend can do that with her mini and it's just so cool, i want to do it too!

i've got an '02 nb. is it possible? are there any other tricks the key fob can be reprogrammed to do?

·
Car has another home
111 Posts
I don't know about programming it to do that, but if you put the key in the door and twist to "unlock" and hold it there the windows will go down, and the reverse to go up

·
bubbles whoops ass!
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slug said:
I don't know about programming it to do that, but if you put the key in the door and twist to "unlock" and hold it there the windows will go down, and the reverse to go up
yeah, i knew it could do that, but i want to do it from just the fob, while i'm walking up to the car! :)

·
bubbles whoops ass!
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
I recommend Alientech. That was the first mod I ever did by myself (it's that easy).

·
Buggin Out
67 Posts
paultakeda said:
I recommend Alientech. That was the first mod I ever did by myself (it's that easy).
I second that notion, everyone I have ever known that got the Alientech piece has absolutely loved it, installed it themselves, and never once had a problem. I am actually placing my order next week.

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Aphid has AutoWindow because they offered a group buy back in 2003. RK:kiss: & I are not the most mechanically inclined folks, but we were able to remove the door panel and install the unit from following their instructions. Along with clear corners & Euro Switch, either AutoWindow or AlienTech is a fun and simple mod that helps your Bug stand out a bit.:)

If you know someone who is skilled with the VAG-COM, you might check and see if this can be accomplished withour removing the door panel. I don't think it can, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it can be done on some Audis.

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
It cannot be done using VAG-COM. Period.
You can do one thing with VAG-COM: unlocking all doors with one button press versus two.

Most Audis from the late '90s and onward don't need Alientech or a similar product to control windows. The new MkV Golf/Jettas can also be programmed using VAG-COM.

All New Beetle models and trims need Alientech or similar for this functionality.

However, even Audis and new MkVs would use Alientech if you wanted the other features, like venting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts