VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Raleigh, NC USA area and am considering a 2003 VW Beetle which I know has NOT had a TB change. What are the reputable VW service centers in the area. My mechanic stays away from VWs and he recommended Hicks VW in Durham, NC but I was wondering if any in Morrisville/Cary/Apex areas.

·
His name is Poseidon
100 Posts
Apex tuning is where myself and a few others take their VW's to. Very good to work with and knowledgeable on them.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,413 Posts
Apex Tuning in Apex. Been taking our cars there for nearly 10 years now. Great group of guys. They also are great for pre-purchase inspections.

·
His name is Poseidon
100 Posts
I purchased this TB kit from ECS ( https://www.ecstuning.com/ES2661299/tuning ) and Apex installed it for me. They did a great job and had the car for only the day to get it done. Also inspected my brakes and other wear items, they did a great job and wouldn't hesitate going back for more repair work that I won't tackle.

·
His name is Poseidon
100 Posts
If I remember correctly, they charged me a 10% fee for using the parts I gave them and I believe it was another $900 for the labor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They quoted me $1125 for parts and labor. This includes the timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt, and all pulleys tensioners, antifreeze, etc. to do the job.

I'll bring a 2003 Beetle 1.8T with 80k mi. (no TB+WP change) to them tomorrow for a pre-sale checkup ($50) and this is one of the things I've asked them to look at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts