NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can ya break it down? I'm assuming green is good...what's yellow...and red is bad I know that. How many points per rep do we get?

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Short answer, Green good, Red Bad, Yellow doesnt count yet. You get 1 point per click

Long answer:

In order to give Reputation and have it affect a user your reputation has to be above a certain threashold. Untill you have recieved enough repuation your points given out will be yellow and not count towards peoples totals.

How do you gain reputation? Well its a complex forumla taking things into account such as number of days on the boards, number of posts, if its a tuesday, if the planet saturn is moving into your star's path...

For more information on the use of reputation and what it can do for you I'd recommend reading Jeffs post here:

http://newbeetle.org/forums/showthread.php?t=329

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Can ya break it down? I'm assuming green is good...what's yellow...and red is bad I know that. How many points per rep do we get?
How many points you get per rep depends on the re-giving power of the person giving you the rep.

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUGNME said:
Well, I found out that you can only give so much in one day:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CyberGreenBaby again.":rolleyes:
LOL I hope it was good rep Michele! :lol: I've been too generous with the rep today too. I keep trying to give more...gues I gotta wait some...

Still curious as to what the yellow box is. Hope it's not bad...if it is I know who to yell at! LOL :biglaugh:

·
Grandma LOVES bubbles!!
1,450 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
LOL I hope it was good rep Michele! :lol: I've been too generous with the rep today too. I keep trying to give more...gues I gotta wait some...

Still curious as to what the yellow box is. Hope it's not bad...if it is I know who to yell at! LOL :biglaugh:
where do u see a yellow box?

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jcroft said:
Yellow is simply medium.
Oh OK...ignore the Pm i sent ya! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
There is no yellow.

How many points you get per rep depends on the re-giving power of the person giving you the rep.
The yellow box she refers to is the one shown in the userCP where you can view what reputation is left for you

Red is a bad rep, Green is a good rep and Yellow are points from people who do not have a high enough reputation for their points given to count against your total.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Actually, what James said is more accurate. Yellow is rep that doesn't account count towards your total, since the person giving it to you doesn't have adequate rep-giving power yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
CrazyJames said:
The yellow box she refers to is the one shown in the userCP where you can view what reputation is left for you

Red is a bad rep, Green is a good rep and Yellow are points from people who do not have a high enough reputation for their points given to count against your total.
I figured it out. There is, however, no yellow box that will appear in YOUR rep meter on your posts. :)

·
18,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! I got it now... :bightumb:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I believe you can give rep to 10 people in a day. And as your rep increases; so does the amount of rep you give. (like someone w/alot of rep will give 3 pts, but someone w/just a little rep only gives 2....)

·
Cherchez la coeur...
977 Posts
rep, rep, rep - badger, badger, badger

jcroft said:
Actually, what James said is more accurate. Yellow is rep that doesn't account count towards your total, since the person giving it to you doesn't have adequate rep-giving power yet.
SO, does that mean that the yellows convert to red or green once the person that gave them gains enough rep for them to count? Are they then grandfathered rep points? Or are they just meta-rep points, doomed forever to live in rep-limbo? Do we even know what happens to these rep-orphans?

Donate now to :

Save the rep-point orphans!

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
mgwerks said:
SO, does that mean that the yellows convert to red or green once the person that gave them gains enough rep for them to count? Are they then grandfathered rep points? Or are they just meta-rep points, doomed forever to live in rep-limbo? Do we even know what happens to these rep-orphans?

Donate now to :

Save the rep-point orphans!

Hah.

The rep-point orphans will find a home in your permanent rep once the rep-giver has achieved rep-giv ing status.

In other words, the yellow reps WILL count, if/when the giver is deemed worthy of giving rep.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
jcroft said:
What is retarded is I was given a negative rep for my post in the thread about "post here if you gave money previously".... and a certain person gave me negative rep for announcing I used to be porkchopzz4. And this is someone I've never even talked to before...

Bleh.

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
Guess they didn't know that when you are a paying member that one of the add ons is that you can see who gives you rep.

Some folks are just small.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Porkchop said:
What is retarded is I was given a negative rep for my post in the thread about "post here if you gave money previously".... and a certain person gave me negative rep for announcing I used to be porkchopzz4. And this is someone I've never even talked to before...

Bleh.
And since that person has no reputation-givng power, it doesn't hurt you at all. No big deal. The system works as it should.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
jcroft said:
And since that person has no reputation-givng power, it doesn't hurt you at all. No big deal. The system works as it should.
okay :)

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
So..how much it cost to be one of the "baddies" here?

heee hehh eh eh eh eh ehe...!!!

BTW, will rep be used for something else than amusing? I mean will the champion of rep will be a MOD or the "badies" will be baned?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts