VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am new to Newbeetle.org and could really use some help. I am 17 and have a 2002 Beetle Turbo S. I ran over a rock with it, and after having an estimate made, the car was returned in worse condition, with a larger gap in the front, and a headlight out. I have little mechanical experience, and my father has some.

I was wondering if anyone could help tell me how to remove the front bumper and front fenders, my father and I would like to fix the car ourselves.

Thank you!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Volkswagen new beetle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Volkswagen new beetle

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site! To get the front off is more time consuming and with a bunch of torn screws than anything else! Here is a free online Vw factory manual; for the 02' Turbo S and the section for r/r'ing the bumper, hope this helps!

Manual

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswa...m_horn_relay/component_information/locations/

Section for the front bumper

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswa...fascia/system_information/service_and_repair/

Based upon the looks of the bumper; it s possible some of the mounting tabs, have been torn off or damaged! The front bumper is a somewhat rare part, expensive from the dealer and as far as I know, has not been reproduced by the aftermarket body panel companies ( as of yet). So, it maybe worth it, to repair the tabs yourself or see what a body shop would charge or see if you can find a used one at a local auto junk yard. If you go the fix it yourself route; look to 3M for repair adhesive and make your new tabs, look on YouTube for bumper tab repair videos from 3M to see how it's done.

Good luck with your repairs and let us know, if you have any more questions, we will do our best to help! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15,841 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed!

After a lot of work, I am proud to say I've got my beetle back in shape. Thanks so much for helping me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and thanks for posting a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts