NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LOVER OF BUGS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I' a new owner of a 1999 New Beetle, I wanted. I never though I like this car this much, but I do. In weeks since I had it, I removed the engine and put it all in a table, meaning engine and all. I have put all back together, but i'm trying to find out why after changing everything, the reservoir is getting hot, real hot, while everything is working. My question is after this winded introduction, if the gasket is blown can that be a reason for the water in the reservoir to be so hot.

·
Registered
14,080 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Welcome to the great and wonderful ORG! Many fantastic cars, people and answers lurk in this great land. If you haven't done so already, take time to fill in your profile and post a few photos so we can ORGle them!!

·
LOVER OF BUGS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rese

I have now put my engine back. I have replaced all the items told : new bolts for the block, new fuel rail, new water pump, all the hoses, for water and hydraulic. New oil cooling pump -it was mixing water and oil, cleaned radiator. Head block redone, story short - all done. My question is what am I doing wrong the RESEVOIR is still heating up. I'm not using the car, I'm doing this as test trial until it stops heating or I find the reason. Please! Help me with some good ideas :mad::mad:

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
Did you vacuum fill the engine with coolant; as noted before, you may have a air pocket in the block and that is why is is overheating again. Did you replace the thermostat as well?

Here is a discripton from the airlift cooling tool:

Airlift Cooling System Tool Kit

This tool is designed to purge air, check for vacuum leaks and allow easy filling of the cooling system. The Problem: Airlocks in the cooling system of today's vehicles have become a prevalent problem. They can be caused by the positioning of the radiator at a level equal to or lower than the engine. Upon refilling with liquid, air is trapped in the cooling system reducing circulation. This results in overheating, added installation time and other problems. While auto manufactures have attempted to address this by installing air bleed devices on the cooling circuit, they are still plagued by airlocks. The Solution: The AirLift system, purges those problematic airlocks, checks for vacuum leaks and allows refilling the cooling system quickly and easily.

• Refills the entire cooling system including the Heater Core!
• Eliminate time consuming bleeding and purging
• Check for leaks while under vacuum
• Works on: Cars, Trucks, Off Road
NOTE: An air compressor is needed to use this tool.

Keep in mind: the new beetle does not have any air bleed valves like other cars do.

·
LOVER OF BUGS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heat and and oil all over problems -Over

First, I want to thank all those who helped me to get my but going. I followed all the instructions and I can announce and you can see pictures of my repaired bug.

Attachments

·
LOVER OF BUGS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alarm going

Now that I have my bug going, there are two items I'm having problems with the following: After I run around with my bug, I realize that I must re-fill the reservoir all the time. Also I don't understand what is happening with the alarm going on and not letting me start the car. Does anyone know why is that.:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Congratulations my friend! Su carrucha es muy lindo. That coolant has to be going somewhere. You are only supposed to fill the reservoir up about half way, there is a mark on the side of it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
14,080 Posts
Did you vacuum fill the coolant; have you pressure tested the cooling system for leaks or did a leak down test to confirm your head gasket is sealed? My first thought; is you have a coolant leak, somewhere; how often and how much coolant, have you had to refill the system with? What if any; symptoms have you had, along with the need to keep filling the coolant reservoir?

As for the alarm going off; explain, exactly how the alarm is acting and how it worn't let you start the car. The alarm going off randomly or when you open the door; is usually bad switches inside the door latch mechanism, usually requires replacement or soldering the joints on the switch inside the door latch mechanism.

This link should help:

Door latch resources

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...ms-new-beetle/59654-door-latch-resources.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts