NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the computer can be reset at home or does the beetle have to go to the dealer? I installed a used throttle body and research has led me to believe the car has to go to the shop.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
You can do this one yourself using a little-known technique. The throttle body adaption can be done by turning the ignition switch to "run" without starting the engine. Leave it there for 30 seconds and then switch off. That's it! You're done!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info

Ok i guess i'll need to put a little bit more info into this. (I'm new at this sorry).
From the beginning. Me and the missus picked up a 2000 NB for our little princess.The timing chain had jumped and set up a meeting of pistons and valves. I bought the car cheap cheap and new that i was in for a project. I replaced all offending parts in the head as well as some outside the head. The head and deck were checked for cracks and warping. All was good here. The pistons and crankshaft were checked for any defects.None found here. The engine has been completely reassembled.(yay). My new problem is the epc light is on and the thing refuses to turn over more than about 10-15 rpm. Starter is new. Battery is showing 13.6V. The OBD reader is not showing any codes. Research on the net says that when you replace the throttle motor assembly the computer needs to be reset to the new part,or reprogrammed. OBD code P1542 is the throttle motor position range/performance problem. I removed the motor and found a broken wire and have put a used one in it's place
.:confused
:confused:
Please help. My baby girl is coming home soon and i was hoping to have it ready.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts