NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound dumb, because I'm sure it's very simple, but I just had a new battery put into my 2000 NB at the dealership. Naturally, the clock was off and I reset that easily enough to the correct time, but my thermometer now reads in Celsius, which would be great if I lived in Canada, but I don't. How in the world do you put it back to Fahrenheit? :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try holding the hour and minute buttons both down for a few seconds, it should flash then go to degrees F.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try holding the hour and minute buttons both down for a few seconds, it should flash then go to degrees F.
Thanks. That worked. And FWIW, I actually favor the Metric system. It makes a lot more sense because everything's in factors of 10. But at the same time, I'm so used to temperatures being in Fahrenheit and don't know Celsius that well. I even remember when it was known as Centigrade. :p

·
Registered
950 Posts
It's funny here in Canada, ask someone how much they weigh and they'll respond with pounds, ask them how far it is from one city to the next, kilometers, how tall are they, they reply in feet, how much hamburger in hamburger helper, one pound, how much cola in a can, 355ml.

·
slow car fast
59 Posts
LEARN REAL MEASUREMENTS DAMMIT!

From,
Everyone else.

:)
Ambient air temp is one place F is superior to C. Also, a 'bar' as in barometric (approx. 14.5 psi) is utterly useless. . . even at sea level. Barometric pressure varies almost constantly. Ever air a bike tire up to 700 kilo Pascals. It borders. . . no, crosses the border if idiocy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts