NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a fan of video games for as long as I can remember and since the late 90s my favorite game franchise has been the Resident Evil series. To the point whenever CAPCOM would change the exclusive rights to the game I'd buy whatever system it would be released on. Well now the newest installment has arrived and I'm still waiting for my copy in the mail but I did however play the demo. It's an awesome game and even has a 2 player co-op mode. Well now to my rant.

For 2 years now since the first video game trailer appeared there has been a huge uproar over the race issue with this game. The game takes place in Africa and those who are infected and turn to zombies are the African villagers. Chris Redfield is the main hero and has been around since the first Resident Evil. Chris is white and the villagers are not.

So now there are many people standing up and crying foul. Saying that this game is racist, no one black helped develop it, and so on.

Where were these people when the first game came out? Or the other 5 after it? I guess as long the "zombies" are the same color or race as the hero its ok. I mean the original games took place in Midwestern USA and Resident Evil 4 took place in Western Europe. No one had a problem with it then.

This just really irks me to no end. It's a game for crying out loud, developed in Japan by Japanese developers with many other races and nationalities helping make it. Last I checked there is no black or white "issues" in Japan. However, people still want to stand on their soap box and cry foul at every chance they get without having all the facts or have not even played the game but seen screen shots or trailers of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts