VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my beetle very recently, and it's quite obvious that the person who owned it before me was either not mechanically inclined but tried to be or took it to a mechanic that may have been mentally disabled. So needless to say I've been putting a fair bit of time and money into this vehicle, definitely more than I planned.

Right now I am trying to resolve the vacuum system on top of the engine, and I've got everything sorted except for one particular piece, what appears to be a check valve, circled in red in these images that I took from a couple of places on this site:

I am also having some difficulty with the fact that none of these images are consistent. However, as the third one seems the most professionally done and seems to account for all of the hoses, that's the one I've been basing my beetle on. I think I've found the connection that the yellow circled hose goes to about eight inches below the air intake, right below the big steel arm that is also a mystery to me.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
We need to know; what year, model, engine (code) and transmission you have; fill out your personal/car info, that can help us with the spec (USA/EUROPE) etc.; that you car maybe. Just that we are on the same page; please post a picture of your own car's vacuum routing and engine compartment, we can go from there, thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you are lucky, the vacuum hose routing diagram should be on a sticker, near the front of the engine compartment, near the battery. It is visible in the first of your photos, but doesn't appear legible in the photo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, the vehicle is a 2000 1.8t Volkswagen Beetle. I'll post a picture of my engine compartment tomorrow.

picture and part number for the check valve
Your Parts Search Returned 2 Part(s)

Well, that's good, because the check valve there (the Uro) is the one I ordered as well. I guess I left out that important detail. My problem, as it currently stands, is that there is no way that part fits into a 3.5mm hose. In the second picture up there it looks like there may be some kind of adapter, which google hasn't given me any indication of. Is that what I'm missing?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
valve

yes the part circled in red is the plastic check valve which you can buy online for $7-10 bucks. Don't buy it at the dealer or you'll be paying $40-50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts