NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bright pink! :p
My friend owns this and its on her backyard in Westchester PA, she drove it over 30 years.
During her divorce it was in storage to prevent her husband snatching it so the mileage and wear is less due to extended storage time.
For the past 10 years its been sitting outside in the elements, it stopped being used because she had grandchildren and the car was not large enough for the family to travel together.
It then just fell into disuse.
The engine was restored in 2005 or 2006 it last turned over and ran 6 years ago. We have not attempted to start it in case damage is caused from seized parts or contaminated fuel.
The carpets were changed, although you probably have to do that again as in recent months the rubber window seals have began to deteriorate and water is getting into the vehicle.
The underside has no rust or holes, there are some minor rust spots in the wheel wells but nothing major for a car of this age. The battery leaked and has caused damage to the battery cavity that has rusted, it has not caused any holes just the surface to expand and go rusty and bumpy. There are no visible or known structural issues due to rust or deterioration.
At some point somebody broke in and stole the stereo and the back seat.
There are some spare glass panels for some reason for the rear and opening front windows.
It needs TLC from an enthusiast!!!
Clean PA title was created in 2016 - make of it what you will and ask questions!!!
No silly offers we know that if properly restored it would sell for $13,000 - $16,000, we just dont have the time and resources to do it!
DJ

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its actually a 1973 super beetle, I'd have to get back to you on a figure? Where you based?

·
Registered
648 Posts
My neighbor had a 76, he occasionally drove to work in the summer. Nicely painted and the inside and engine were all restored. Very nice, he sold it for around $6k. The new owner drove off in it.

This would be a fun project, I’m not sure what kind of money your friend is looking for but I think she’ll be hard pressed to get $1-1500 out of it as it sets. That’s not an offer just an observation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts