NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for checking out the thread!

Here's a recent snapshot of the Bug. Feel free to check out my thread of the build in the 1.8T section to see how far it has come from almost being condemned to a junkyard. New headlight lenses installed today, gotta keep those eyes fresh!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello NB Community!

Thought I'd share a quick headlight comparison test for upgraded H1 bulbs in the NB. In this comparison we take Pilot xenon blue headlight bulb w/ Hella Optilux yellow HID fogs vs Sylvania ZXE H1 headlight/foglight combo:

Pilot/Hella Xenon Sims:

Sylvania ZXE:

First impressions - the Pilot/Hella bulbs from the outside have a more simulated Xenon look and thus live up to their product descriptions quite well. However, headlight performance wise, the ZXE's are brighter/whiter and provide much more noticeable visibility on dark backroads at night. Thus I would recommend the ZXE's over the Pilot/Hella bulbs if you're looking for what illuminates the road better at night. If its about aesthetics, you might consider the Pilot/Hella combo as they give you the "look" and also still provide acceptable illumination for night driving.

Hope this helps guide your next headlight decision!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts