NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this a few weeks ago on Ebay, 2009 with only 8400 miles. May have a little too much chrome added, but some of that is on with double stick tape. It was only mine for a few hours and the wife decided it was hers.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
The only stuff I would remove is the piece just front of the rear fenders. :eek:

Not sure if I dig the whitewalls, but Congrats to you for finding that NBC! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I looked at the ebay photos the part in front of rear wheel was also the item I thought should come off, but after I saw it in person, it is a quality piece (not China) has a fine wire chrome mesh, and looks very much like a true air intake, so it is kinda growing on me.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Love thoseTexas tags. Not too bad for an old fart! :p
P.S.
I used to live halfway between Frisco and Denton. In a small town on the lake called Little Elm. There are quite a few members up there in North Texas. I am down here near Marble Falls on the beautiful lake LBJ. Again, we sure are glad you found us. Your bug looks pretty good I like it a lot! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The gecko came from your new area, Horseshoe Bay.
No way! Somebody must have had that baby in the garage, and never drove it! I'm over there all the time, I've seen astronauts, Chuck Woolery, & a bunch of retired Texas Rangers. Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Rolls Royce, Porsches, and tons of Mercedes and BMW, but I never saw your little Gecko Green machine. :)

So, next weekend on April 18th, in Fredericksburg Texas, there is going to be the largest Volkswagen car show in the state! On Saturday about noon there,everybody takes off. Last year we went to Luckenbach Texas. If you can imagine about 200 Volkswagens, new and old, cruising in a line about 3 miles long. Through the Texas Hill Country, with flowers and trees in bloom!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts