NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have been searching the net for sometime now, to try and find out if you can buy a Flat4 or a Pip roof rack for the new type beetle. With no look what's so ever has brought me here.
My question is, can you buy a flat4 type or Pip roof rack for a 2001 (51 plate) 2.0 beetle? I have found many company's what sell them, but all of them have told me they will only fit the classic beetle. But from securing on the net, I see many new beetles sporting them, and wondered if they had been modified to fit?
Please help, as I need to get the missis of my back, lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'm thinking about buying a flat4 and seeing if I can manufacture the roof anchors to fit a new beetle. Ill see if I can get hold of the diamentions before I buy one. Looks like I'm going to be a guinea pig with this and may well end up with a flat4 what I can't use. Ill let you all know how I get on and if it works.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I feel your pain. I want a set of Empi wheels in the worst way but shipping from your side of the pond puts them out of my reach.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel your pain. I want a set of Empi wheels in the worst way but shipping from your side of the pond puts them out of my reach.
I have a brand new set of 18" Wolfrace Lionhearts, with new tyres for sale. Looking for £500 Ono. There on eBay.

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
If you would have said you have a set of Empi's we could maybe work a deal. Seeing as I have a line on a Pip rack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I had them on my Mk4 golf and would put them on the beetle but brought some banned steels instead. I would do a straight swap for a pip rack or flat4. The wheels are less then 12 months old and cost about £750 with out the tyres. The wheels are In mint condition as well as the tyres if anyone is interested?
http://bit.ly/1790LxK

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good news! I may have found someone who sells the flat4 style roof rack for the NB. As soon as I know, I' ll up date this post with info. If anyone is interested in getting one please let me know by replying to this post so I can pass on the interest and demand for them.
Whoop!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good news! I may have found someone who sells the flat4 style roof rack for the NB. As soon as I know, I' ll up date this post with info. If anyone is interested in getting one please let me know by replying to this post so I can pass on the interest and demand for them.
Whoop!
Did you have any luck with this? Deffo interested!

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
Just a pic for anyone who wants to see.
Spent a weekend refurbishing it, but am somewhat pleased with the results. ImageUploadedByAG Free1412952677.064730.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1412952587.643426.jpg

Sent from my Peace Love and "Six for Six" app

·
Registered
36 Posts
A couple of years ago I was looking for a PIP for sale but could not find it or it was out of my budget, a good friend was making some racks for old Beetles and agreed to try to make one for New Beetle being the result:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts