NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys and Gals,

If you ever wanted to get a tune for your 1.8T now is the time.
REVO is running a Fantastic Special off of their already reduced price. Their regualr Stage 1 tune of $399 is now only $299 until December 31st. I think that is a Steal for a very excellent tune. No special modifications required.
I have the REVO Stage 1 tune and couldn't be more pleased with it. It puts a smile on my face whenever I push down on the accellerator. :D
Just wanted to pass this Info on just in case someone out there is interested in a tune.
http://www.revotechnik.com/

Happy Holidays!

http://www.revotechnik.com/

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whos' REVO? :dunno:
Here is a link to their website:

Revo | Welcome to Revo

from there you can search for a Revo dealer near you. Their US headquarters I believe is in a suburb of Atlanta.

REVO is a tuning company that tunes your ECU for optimum performance. This usually works on 1.8T and 1.9tdi engines.
Your 150 HP 1.8 can gain 50HP on a Stage 1 tune and I believe over 80 lbs of torque. Very noticable. I have the Stage 1 tune on my beetle and love it! No other mods necessary. A more heavy duty Diverter valve is recommended but only needed if your old one fails.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Awh thanks for reminding me of what I more than likely won't receive! :( Are they still doing the $100 off? I looked at their website and now they're doing a 10% off a tune and sps.. I don't want that! lol.

I've been begging the boy to get me this. I don't want jewelry or flowers, I really just want a Revo tune and a new downpipe. But something tells me the $250 he just dropped on a stupid remote control car means bye bye hopes of stage 2 :mad:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awh thanks for reminding me of what I more than likely won't receive! :( Are they still doing the $100 off? I looked at their website and now they're doing a 10% off a tune and sps.. I don't want that! lol.

I've been begging the boy to get me this. I don't want jewelry or flowers, I really just want a Revo tune and a new downpipe. But something tells me the $250 he just dropped on a stupid remote control car means bye bye hopes of stage 2 :mad:
Damn, those RC cars aren't cheap. I would tell him equal money towards your gift. Actually you are the prettier one so I would say you should receive twice the amount that he spends on himself. :D I thought the 100 off REVO tune was good until the end of the month/year. Do you already have the stage 1?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since there is no REVO dealer in Oklahoma :( I would contact Chris at the Revo US Head Office at 770-271-4726
You can send in the ECU and get it back within 2 days, maybe 3 at the most. That's what I did and I do like the performance difference it made.

REVO Technik USA Head Office:
5306 Palmero Court
Suite I
Buford, GA. 30518

Telephone:

+1 770 271 4726

Fax:

+1 770 271 4728

Email:

[email protected]

Revo | Welcome to Revo

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What benefit is the SPS switch?
Depending on witch SPS switch you get (There are 3 of them) you can change your settings back to stock in case your car is under warranty and you want to bring it to the dealer. You can also set it to Valet mode where it will only boost about 3psi so the valet or whoever you leave your car with won't hot rod it. You can also set your boost from normal to aggressive and you can select gasoline grade from 87 to 100 Octane gasoline. It is very helpful when you only have certain Octane available in your area. If you get the tune you have to let them know which Octane rating you would like to set it at. They usually set it at 91 Octane by default but if you tell them that 93 Octane is available in your area than they will set it to 93.

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Damn, those RC cars aren't cheap. I would tell him equal money towards your gift. Actually you are the prettier one so I would say you should receive twice the amount that he spends on himself. :D I thought the 100 off REVO tune was good until the end of the month/year. Do you already have the stage 1?
Nope no stage 1. George is un-tuned I just have all the requirements for stage 2 so IMO no use in doing stage 1. I'm thinking about getting it tuned when I go to ToD this year. Since there's not a dealer near me and all.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope no stage 1. George is un-tuned I just have all the requirements for stage 2 so IMO no use in doing stage 1. I'm thinking about getting it tuned when I go to ToD this year. Since there's not a dealer near me and all.
Upgrade to Stage II from Stage I is only 50 bucks and when I had my Audi TT and went from Stage I to Stage II the difference wasn't that great. You don't know what you are missing ;) But I can see that you don't want to send in your ECU and be without a car for at least 3 days. TOD is only 130 days away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts