NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put rhinestones on my VW emblem but I need some tips! What kind of stones and glue should I use, is it waterproof, what part of the emblem should I stone, etc. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wouldn't do it if I were you. As you can see from my pics, I did it and I ended up having to buy new emblems. Maybe if you keep your car in the garage it might hold up better. The only glue I found that held well is called E6000 but it ended up turning yellow from the sun. If you look at my pictures, I have stones all over my car and had similar issues with all of them. Don't use the cheap stones if you choose to do it, use the Swarovski crystals. They are expensive, but they are worth it. The other stones don't sparkle and shine the same. Use as little glue as possible and prepare for it to cost a lot more than you expect. You can get the stones on ebay, but they are expensive there too. If you do it and have any questions, feel free to email me!

·
Dreamin' of a Bug !
1,261 Posts
I loved what christinagray2003 had done with her emblems so I did the same to my Nissan emblems (front & Rear, and license plate frames).

I bought glue at Michaels and it is near impossible to remove. I took some off the lettering this summer to put smaller gems and it was very difficult to remove. The glue has held up incredible. I do park my car in the garage, but during the day she is outside in the sun when I'm at work.

I bought rhinestones off ebay and they have been pretty good for the $ I paid.

Here's a couple pics:

License plate frame:

Rear badges:

You can see the front emblem here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah sorry I've been busy so I didn't get to reply as quickly as possible. But thank you guys for the input! About how many stones do I need for the VW emblem roughly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts