NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Car Whore
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cnn.com said:
Groundbreaking Comedian Richard Pryor died Saturday of a heart attack, his wife told CNN. He was 65. Pryor, who had been ill with multiple sclerosis, died at Encino Hospital near Los Angeles, at 7:58 a.m. PT. Jennifer Lee Pryor tried to revive him before paramedics arrived and took him to the hospital, she said.

"He enjoyed life right up until the end," she said. "At the end there was a smile on his face."

Pryor, who was born in Peoria, Illinois, on December 1, 1940, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1986.

"He was able to turn pain into comedy," his wife said. "He let the world see it, and that was his inspiration too.

"People said, 'If he can do it, I can do it.' "
"At the end there was a smile on his face." :confused: Anyone else wondering what he was doing?;) My favorite Richard Pryor movie was 'The Toy'. May he rest in peace.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Oh wow. I hadn't heard yet. That's too bad. :(

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
When I told the boy wonder he was crushed------said he was listening to one of his cd's on the way home from work.

Mr Pryor would've smiled at that.

·
I like yours too!
764 Posts
Richard

:toast: Will sure miss him.....I have seen Richard many times growing up in Moline,Ill. We would drive to Peoria and hit the bars,He was allways hangin in the bars and doing his thing....Called me a "skinny ole white boy" once,Hell I still am. He started getting big and started playing at the "Barn Theater"after that you could hardly get near him to shoot the breeze. Love ya Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts