NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to New Beetles - all my other cars are Hondas. Question I have is that my daughter's 2003 NBC 1.8t seems to have rather bouncy corners. I have searched the threads and see that some folks have never replaced their struts - however these seem very soft to me. Is that normal for the NBC? My Hondas I can barely push down on the corner and it comes right back. On the Beetle I can get the whole car bouncing (sort of reminds me of East LA style cruizers!). Getting ready to replace the front axles and thought I might just do the struts. Don't want to lower it just want it to be safe for her to drive. Also, not looking to race it either - would prefer safe handling and somewhat close to stock - she hasn't found the magic place where the turbo kicks in yet.

Comments?

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Might try sway bars...

Her suspension could just be worn and need replacing though..

Not sure about a NBC, but most people that aren't used to my car would always complain about the kidney-jarring ride when it was stock height. Kinda stiff compared to most cars. My car got bouncier after lowering because my springs are old. I'm not a suspension expert though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts