NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there- My front right indicator is not always working. None of the other indicators are affected just this one. Have had a poke around and think I will start with replacing socket that connects to the indicator assembly section as everytime I wiggle this around it works- looks like the metal connectors that hold the two metal prongs seem loose compared to the left hand side. It cant be the relay as it is only the one indicator. The part number is 1J0 793 733. I have checked Ebay and found nothing yet. Any ideas where I can get this part? Or even the name of the part?

Cheers,:)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
What you can do while you wait for your new part, is you can check the bulb to see if it has a flat spot on the contact point,on the end of the bulb itself. If it does. get a new bulb and in the socket itself take a small instument and pull up the metal prong , just a tiny bit carefuly. I do this all the time on my left signal. I keep forgetting to or a new bulb holder myself. Road vibrations wear the lead contact point on the bulb down and that is why works only sometimes, it just depends if you hit the right pot hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts