VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rick
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 nbc my running light on the right side is out (I think it is the same bulb for the low beam?) Do you have to remove the entire headlight assembly from the fender just to replace the bulb?

Thanks
Rick

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Yes, you have to remove the whole unit but it is very simple. Push the button while you lift the lever and it will unlatch os you can slide it out. Then you will have one plug to disconnect. Good luck. I just replaced mine 3 days ago. :)

·
Catch me riding s00ty!
3,981 Posts
I have a 2007 nbc my running light on the right side is out (I think it is the same bulb for the low beam?) Do you have to remove the entire headlight assembly from the fender just to replace the bulb?

Thanks
Rick
You change your right side the same as your change your left side. :rolleyes:

Now seriously, it depends on your car... If you have a citylight/ parking light, then a tiny bulb is actually your running light.

Your headlight's lowbeam would be your running light if you don't have a city light.

Regardless, your to change any bulb in the headlight assembly, you have to remove it. Its very simple and takes a few minutes.

Click here for a how to.

·
Rick
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fl_bug

Thanks for the link, it appears to be very easy to do. I will after work tomorrow change out the bulb.

I also wanted to explain how my lights work,

When I start the car the low beam is always on and acts as my running light. when I turn the light switch on at night that is when the parking lamp (tiny bulb) light comes on as well as the dash lights. The low beam lights continue to stay

The only time the parking lights (tiny bulb) will light by them selves (without the low beams being on) are when you turn the light switch on with the key off

I am told by the dealer that is how it is designed to operate.

Are they just B S ing me? because they don't know how it really works?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.