NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance if this question has already b een posted once before.

I have 16"x6.5" rims on my 2007 NBC and I really have always liked the "Take Five" rims, however these rims are 17"x7"....will these rims along with the 225/45R17 tires fit on my car?

Again...apologies if this has already been posted. Thanks and have a great rest of the weekend.

Jerry

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I apologize in advance if this question has already been posted once before.

I have 16"x6.5" "Key West" rims on my 2007 NBC and I really have always liked the "Take Five" rims, however these rims are 17"x7"....will these rims along with the 225/45R17 tires fit on my car?

Again...apologies if this has already been posted. Thanks and have a great rest of the weekend.

Jerry

:mad: Forgot to include an additional question...how about the bolt pattern? Will it be the same?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Title... Funny, very f'n funny!

Anyway, the wheels and tires should fit with no problem. I'm certain there are optional 17s for the 2nd Gen NB body style. (The take fives are 17") Besides the fact that as wheel diameter increases, typically tire diameter doesn't. The profile changes, but you can research that easy enough. As far as the hole pattern someone else is going to have to answer or you can do a little research on the Take 5s and yours. The take 5s can be found here
Volkswagen Beetle Wheels / Rims, Lights & Mirrors

And/or Pencildick, I mean Pencilneck, has a good wheel thread here
OEM Volkswagen Wheel Database

M.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Regarding a source for the "Take Fives", I had been on the site Wheels Rims | OEM Alloy/Steel Wheels | Wheel Covers | Lights & Mirrors - WheelsRims.net and found their price and warranty quite agreeable. Wife has known all along that I've liked those rims and while out visiting Yellowstone, we came out of a bakery and there in front of me was a Snap Orange NB with the "Take Five" wheels and she said, "you know I've always liked those wheels as much as you, why don't you buy them."...and the rest will soon b e history.

I suppose I'll trade off every other year as I very much like the "Key West" wheels as well. Due to my climate and the fact that this is my "other" fun car, it only gets driven from April 15-November 1. Then "Henry" gets a bath, a massage and then put to sleep in a nice warm garage.

Again, thanks for the information.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Here's another source, little hard to navigate the site, but great Take 5 prices, at least they did have. Love to see how they compare.
Volkswagen Beetle Wheels / Rims, Lights & Mirrors

Oh $hit, never mind, same place. Been referring people here for a year, but never read where anyone bought from them. Keep us posted.

M.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wasn't aware you could buy after market take 5 wheels, I went to the link M. posted and didn't find them. I was looking to see if you could buy the colored inserts. I have chiped one on mine. VW wants 50 bucks a piece for them and there are 5 on each wheel:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I wasn't aware you could buy after market take 5 wheels, I went to the link M. posted and didn't find them. I was looking to see if you could buy the colored inserts. I have chiped one on mine. VW wants 50 bucks a piece for them and there are 5 on each wheel:cool:
Same link hadda61beetle found them on. Just a hard site to move around in.

These aren't aftermarkets, they are OEM replacements from the OEM manufacturer is my undersatnding. This source is primarily a supplier to the body shop market who sells to the public at jobber prices, my take. Locations all over the US if you read around a little. I think you would have to contact them for the inserts, but I feel certain they should be available as from the way I read it, you can select you color. Although maybe not, maybe only balck and they have to be painted, and maybe only with the wheels. That part is not clear.

M.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OK, found them, I wasn't looking at the add links. They listed on finishline Wheels .com, and I will have to call the to price the inserts.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
OK, found them, I wasn't looking at the add links. They listed on finishline Wheels .com, and I will have to call the to price the inserts.
Different site?

Post up when you find out about the inserts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts