NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon, the multitalented Amy Winehouse is found dead in her apartment in London.

Most likely, she died of an alcohol and drug overdose.
She was only 27 years of age.

She was an extremely good singer with an amazing voice!
Unfortunately, her addiction killed her.

She now joins the '27 Club'. That's a 'club' with all the celebs that died at the age of 27. Other 'members' are Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin.

RIP Amy! :(

·
Probably MIA
2,799 Posts
To be honest I'm surprised she made it this long. Sad.

Sent from my DROID2

·
LkäPORSCHE
1,373 Posts
". . . She didn't want to go to rehab so now she's dead, dead, dead. . "

She wasted her life and her talent away. I don't feel bad for her one bit.
Don't get me wrong, I don't wish anybody dead nor do I think she deserved to be dead. It's just an absolutely stupid way to die. If she was ill from a fatal disease, or murdered, or worse, run over by a Double Decker tour bus in Piccadilly Circle. That would be sad and very tragic. . . . She was an alcoholic druggie that could actually sing!! . . and wrote her own music!!!
Man, could she sing!

·
USS ANNIEPRISE NCC 1701 A
4,142 Posts
This morning on the Today Show, they said that 27 year old Amy Winehouse was now a member of the "27 Club." Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin & Kurt Coban (sp) were all 27 when they died. I hadn't thought about it, but all these famous singers had one thing, (if not more,) in common, they were substance abusers. Of course that doesn't make the pain for her family hurt any less. Like Tom says, we pray for her family. I would say there are very few families in our country who are affected by someone in their family are battling drug abbuse. :( RIP Amy.

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
I'm a huge fan...wasn't surprised, but hopefully we will get some new music finally as she was working on an album.

Drugs are bad, but she had so much talent and just didn't know how to deal with it.

I'll miss her, but hope to hear some new music that she left behind.

·
ToD 6, Count Down.
467 Posts
:(I loved Amy's music, Back to Black is a awesome collection of songs. What is even more awesome, is today while cleaning out her apartment, Amy's father, rather then selling off her stuff to make a couple of extra bucks, he took her things, like some of her clothes, handwritten lyrics, and other personal affects and gave them to her fans that were still holding vigil in front of her apartment. He's a class act. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
20,813 Posts
Drugs are bad Mmkay...

A waste of talent. But if you lay down with dogs you're gonna get up with fleas. She did have a great voice though.
True dat mang. Yeah, the girl has a gift. Sadly, she didn't realize that the gift of life trumps the singing gift.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts