NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
riza | NewBeetle 2,0 . 1999 | electric blue

Hello to all members.
I am new in NewBeetle.org and as you can see in the profile I am not from US.
I recently got myself a new car, because my other one smashed up by Crysler Voyager driver.
I have been looking this forum here about three months now and now i finally registered.
Also, my new car - 1999 electric blue New Beetle - is first that kind in Estonian Vw Club, where i am staff and have been member about 2,5 years now. I got the idea to own a NB from this forum - NewBeetle.org - thank you guys :)

Ok, a little bit info about my NB:

_It is 1999 electric blue 2,0 (i think it is GLS)
_air conditioner
_ESP
_Electric windows
_mirrors electrically warmed up
_seat heatener 2x
...and all that boring stuff.

_Projektzwo exhaust
_Borbet white Type C 17" alloys.
_Dunlop SP 9000 ZR17 225/45 tyres.
_lowering springs -40mm B+G (sweden)

So, i am waiting your comments and suggestions ;)

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last friday, after work i started to ride home and realised that my brakes were gone :confused:
I drove home with handbrake and i also braked with gears..i really don´t want to repeat that experience..At home i checked my NB-s brake oil and it was gone. Anyway, today i am going to service to get it fixed - car without brakes is pretty uncool :(

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am wondering, wich wheels to buy for the next season.
What do you guys think about 17" Borbet Design C?
I also made a little computerwork to get a better view (these wheels are silver, but i am planning to paint them creamy-white)

Here is pic:

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
Beautiful New Beetle! :bigthumb:

Did the brakes get fixed?

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dnyed said:
Beautiful New Beetle! :bigthumb:

Did the brakes get fixed?
Ou, yes i did fix my brakes. There was a leake near one wheel on the back. Also i had to change two brake discs, because they were ruined.
Everything is okay now
:)

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, guys!

I bought these Borbet wheels. Must say that they look nice in real life. I think i still paint them creamy-white :p

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello nb fans,

i haven´t written quite a while.
Everything stays the same here in Estonia. Today was -19C degrees of cold. brrrr.
Also, according to that i didn´t wanted to throw away my nb-s original radio, i got myself a Monster iCarplay gadget today. Works great with my iPod Nano. :)

Here´s a pic:

peace.

·
Banned
3,877 Posts
Welcome our esteemed Estonian you have a great beetle (I also own 99 glx only its red) it is wonderful how people all over the world can get together like this. I do have a comment to make, Those square chunks of cement in the road have to be killers on a rainy night do they have to be there. is is a kind of speed bump, I mean speed stop. anyways welcome and hope you enjoy being here with us. ps that picture of you sitting by your beetle in the snowy night should be framed that is the most awsome picture I have ever seen I get the feeling that no matter what the weather you are willing to sit with her through it, just awsome.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts