NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Those square cement chunks are there for STOP - no trespassing, sign i guess. These roads were closed then, when i took these pictures.

Also, many thanks for these snowy picture comments! :)

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Horrible

At the moment there is so cold here in Estonia, that i left my NB at home. Better for him.
There is almost -25C degrees outside, my nose was almost frozen when i got onto the bus.
Chiih,
:eek:

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Here in Estonia, seems that cold winter finally goes away and we are able to make our cars prettier :)

Well, I started two days ago by removing my NB-s snowbox. Tomorrow I am going to some shop, where I hope to find suitable pipe (hose). Now when my snowbox is removed, I plan to bring cold air in with hose, starting from grille.

Second thing I tried to do was installing lowering springs. There was huge problem with one frontal spring - someone before me had damaged upper part of the spring and I was unable to hold it tight while screwing other nut off. Finally I had to saw it open.

I really hope to find time and finish lowering my nb in several days. Then also new pictures.

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank your for the kind comments! It is so sad actually that I live so far away from US, otherwise I could cruise with you guys and have a longer discussions about beetles :)

Due the fact that this is almost impossible, all comments and suggestions are welcome in here.

I have some more pictures in my website, on the beetlepage:

http://riza.pri.ee/beetle_page.html

Take a look.

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sauga Open Track

Last weekend I was challenging my beetle on a race track. Here in Estonia, we arrange 4 track events per year, just for fun. It is like a training or so..they measure lap times and top speed, but there is no official challenge, except bethween friends :D

I got a short video from that event: http://www.priits.com/LFS/OpenTrackSauga_xvid.avi

Take a look, my blue bug appears couple of times also.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
mentalVdub said:
those pics are awesome!
are you serious about it being -25 celcius????
that's gotta be wicked cold!!!!!
Are you thinking that Celsius is warmer than Fahrenheit? It's actually the other way around, so -25 would be somewhere around zero. Definitely cold, but not too bad. Cold enough to stay inside!! Daisy likes the summer!:p

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
SMG said:
Just have to add, you have a GLS, and so goes Gilligan :D

A GLX has a 1.8T and a moonroof, even though some later GLS's has sunroofs as an option.

SMG
Ouh, thank you! I actually had no clue which letter combination I have, so I changed it to GLS now.

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
r0nd3L said:
You take real nice pictures and your bug looks awesome! I hope I could take pics like that... What camera do you use?

By the way, I'm from Lithuania and came to US three years ago, so we were pretty close to each other :D
Thank you!
These better :) pictures were done by a guy named Serx, he is interested in photography and I believe that he uses Canon pro series models.

Lithuania really is very close :) Only that three years ago I was almost in kindergarden. Heheh.
Maybe some day I move far away too, closer to you guys. So far, hang on!

·
[EVWK]
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Long time no...

At last, my new Clutch arrived and we changed it yesterday. Now I can ride and not slip around the town :)

Also, bad news is that my airflow meter broke. At 1200 rpm my beetle almost choked :confused:
So I purchased new airflow meter and now I just have to ride at very high rpm-s to get the % right. I was told that Beetle´s computer learnes itself the new air ratio or smth.

Today I bought new spark plugs (Bosch Super 4) and I hope I can change the old ones today evening.

At 22. July there is sequent Open Track challenge, where I try to improve my lap times (compared to last challenge).
I also add pics, when it is over :)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts