VW Beetle Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apr

Just had the APR Stage I tune done to mine last Friday and what a difference !!!!
Def worth the $$$ !!!! Waiting for SPM to complete their 3" exhaust system (5 more weeks I'm told) then ill be going for the Stage II tune.

Attachments

·
Livin' A Lie
59 Posts
That was the first thing I noticed when test driving a great 2012 2.0T - no arm rest. Wonder if its reason to not upgrade!

The way VW is going now, if you add an aftermarket arm rest, it will probably void your console warranty. :D

I'm just hoping my new Monster Mats don't void my carpet warranty. ;)

·
Livin' A Lie
59 Posts
Just had the APR Stage I tune done to mine last Friday and what a difference !!!!
Def worth the $$$ !!!! Waiting for SPM to complete their 3" exhaust system (5 more weeks I'm told) then ill be going for the Stage II tune.
Be aware, that VW/Audi is now flagging every tuned car they scan, with a TD1 flag, and entering you into a national database.

Because of the Magnuson Moss Act of 1975, they cannot outright void your warranty, but they will use any performance enhancements you do to challenge any related warranty claims. They will still have to prove that the mod caused the damage, but you can expect a battle for any vague test results. And now your tune is known, so they will start by treating it like your health insurance treats a pre-existing condition.

Use to be that if you wanted stage one, and a K&N drop in, you were in sort of a grey area, where likely nothing was going to get you caught, and a mod friendly dealer could forget to mention a tune.

Now, the tune is read automatically as soon as you are scanned, and then sent to VW directly. Nothing the dealer can do about it. It's all handled in the software. Also, they are now supposed to enter in manually any exhaust, spring, intake mods they see, which acheives the same TD1 flag.

VWVortex.com - TD1 warranty flag

So FYI. If you want to play, now you've got to pay. This does not make Timmy happy. :mad:

·
Livin' A Lie
59 Posts
What, No Arm Rest on 2012 Beetle's? :eek:

I could've done without the 19 inch Tornado wheels but they also come with the car.

I would love the 19" wheels. If you want to swap them for the 18s, let me know.:)

·
Bed Bug
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Looks like allot of people have joined since the last time I checked. So come on guys lets get some more foot traffic on these forums. I plan to do some updating to my thread. You guys should start some threads. I'm sure some of you have questions about what to buy or ware to get things maybe even how do I install?

Happy to see more Turbo Beetles on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks! Just joined tonight. I bought a 2014 R-Line Sun/Sound/Nav in Platinum Gray the day before Thanksgiving 2013. Loving it. Puts a big grin on my face everytime I walk up to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey guys I've introduced myself before but I too also have a Candy White 2.0TSi Beetle with intake and stage 1 apr software. I love this car and like others have said it puts a smile on my face every time I see it in my driveway :) ImageUploadedByAG Free1391949458.798580.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,867 Posts
Hey guys I've introduced myself before but I too also have a Candy White 2.0TSi Beetle with intake and stage 1 apr software. I love this car and like others have said it puts a smile on my face every time I see it in my driveway :) View attachment 122377

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
WOW! Love your beetle. hope you open up a dedicated photo thread of your beetle. hope to see a lot of pics of your car in the very near future... it makes me smile too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
New "Bee" owner

Hey all, can't wait to talk to ya all, learn about my new Bee (had a '69 Super Bee), and I have as much fun drivin' this new 2.0 T as I had drivin' the Super Bee, thus the honorary "Bee" name.
I've a 1 week old '14 Beetle Convertible R-Line w/Sound that is Platinum Gray Metallic/Black top. It is my motorcycle replacement, after 25 years of good and bad riding, a work accident takes 2 wheel fun out of the question. Buy hey, that's life, and I've found my 4 wheel motorcycle in the Bee convertible.
Just slapped on a Borla cat back system and man, what a sound !The bass on mild accel. upshifts is awesome, but the sound on high RPM shifts takes me back to the Super bee days. At $585.00, free shipping, and the million mile backing you can't go wrong.
Well, that's enough for now. Ride One!
Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is There Anyone Out There

Seems like no entries for 2 yrs but here goes anyway My 2012 Candy White Base Beetle Turbo APR Stage 2 , APR DP, APR DSG Tuned, USP Tear drop Carbon Intake Lowered on VWR Springs , Blacked out Markers , I Love it , Mostly Low to Mid Range street Turbo Power I like my Twister 18 wheels but think a set of 19-20's will improve the look alomg with some 1/4 window decals , Have Carbon Fiber mirror caps on the way & 4 inch Carbon-Titanium Akrapovic style (replica) look Exhaust tips, Now I want center console Armrest/Storage and hopefully Retro Fit a Paddle Shift Steering wheel if I can find the correct wheel , Thanks for looking Just trying to wake up this Thread about , Maybe some new interest in Turbo Beetles ?? Thanks to my local VW APR Delaership and 275 Autosport in Tampa (He's a real VW mechanic with fair prices for your VW needs in the Tampa area-Message him on Facebook and tell him I sent you)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Got my 2013

I got my 2013 about 4 weeks ago.
Been throwing money at it, ever since.
(have to make it at least AS cool, as my 2002 bug was).

Attachments

41 - 58 of 58 Posts