NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
got NB Toys?
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again, the CENTRAL Caravan will be leaving Canada Monday June 19.2019, arriving in Roswell on Thursday June 20. We'll be picking up cars along the way, and travelling along some of the historic Route 66.

I'll be traveling from my place near Buffalo NY, down through Ohio, and staying at the Red Roof Inn in Springfield, OH (W. Leffel location), June 17.

Our second night will be in St. Robert MO, at the Super 8 (Ft. Leonard area), June 18. Rooms are about $60 US a night. Third night will be June 19 at the Howard Johnson Meridian in Oklahoma City. Rooms are about $80. Then off through Amarillo (lunch at Rudy's BBQ), and down to Roswell.

Please reply to this thread to let me know where you plan to meet up, thanks!
And remember your FRS radio (channel 6) so we can keep in contact during the caravan.

Howie

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Howie, man, I really thought this was gonna be the year for us to do Roswell. When we do, this would be the group we would travel with.

Have fun, enjoy the seat time! :wave3:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howie, I have made my reservations in Roswell. I hope to meet up with the caravan at the motel in Missouri where I have a reservation on 6/18. I also have made a reservation for the 19th in OKC. I'm driving my still with under 20,000 mile 2001 New Beetle Sport in Arrow Silver out from Maryland.

Image is from when I purchased the vehicle in March 2017 when it had travelled less than 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what it’s worth I’ve identified Springfield, Ohio as the approximate mid point between my home in Maryland and the designated caravan meet up in St. Robert, Missouri. I reserved the Comfort Suites,121 Raydo Circle,, Springfield, OH, US, 45506, +1 (937) 322-0707 for under $100/night all in on the AAA rate. Maybe $5 more per night without the discount.

The hotel is just off the I-70 with lots of same old same old restaurants nearby.

From Springfield the drive on the 18th to the hotel in Missouri is 502 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts