NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
View attachment 251197

As to the PVC valve; it looks like, you might have one similar to the 2.5L engine and it is under a black plastic cover, where the silver heat shield is on the intake manifold, on the front of the engine? I haven't worked on this particular engine and can't seem to find anything in the online service manual. You might check it out and see, if it is in fact there.
Yes. I have that on my intake manifold. I suspected that might be the pcv valve, but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
As to the breather hose; did you clean it out and see, if there is any debris, you can push out, etc? Many of the pcv hoses, get filled with oily and carbon junk; I'm not familiar with that particular hose, I would assume it would breathe, allow crankcase vapors to pass through it but I don't know for sure.

Check your PM's.
This tube looks plugged by design. Maybe because the pcv valve us a different type as you posted in another post. And I'm sure they needed to ensure the port of the valve cover was plugged.

20200912_140023.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
View attachment 251197

As to the PVC valve; it looks like, you might have one similar to the 2.5L engine and it is under a black plastic cover, where the silver heat shield is on the intake manifold, on the front of the engine? I haven't worked on this particular engine and can't seem to find anything in the online service manual. You might check it out and see, if it is in fact there.
Here are some pics that I took today. I'm sure the top looks familiar.

20200913_190743.jpg

20200913_200958.jpg

Odd that it has a connection to the inside of the intake manifold. It attaches to a metal piece that moves in and out. What in the world is this inside the intake?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
Hmm, good question; again, I haven't worked on that particular engine code 2.0L but I am not seeing a spring/diaphragm combo, like the 2.5L has above? I wonder, if that is the pcv; inside the intake port, when you removed the plastic cap?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hmm, good question; again, I haven't worked on that particular engine code 2.0L but I am not seeing a spring/diaphragm combo, like the 2.5L has above? I wonder, if that is the pcv; inside the intake port, when you removed the plastic cap?
Oh, I forgot I to take a picture of the spring. It was between the black cap and the diaphragm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Here are a few other pics that I had to post separate.

20200913_214819.jpg

20200913_191454.jpg

Pic of my inspection camera

20200913_225203.jpg

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
I guess, they call it a "change over" (valve)? Vacuum Testing procedure; shown in the service manual:

Engine codes BDC, BGD

^

Intake manifold change-over valve -N156-

·
Registered
13,425 Posts

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
8. Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) valve -N261

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
Very unique setup; I don't know, if they have a repair kit for that, the testing pages, indicated to replace the whole intake, if the valve was defective. How does the diaphragm look, any damage and is the linkage on the back, broken or does it connet, to the internal link ok? I guess, you could do the vacuum pump test and see, if it operates correctly or has a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ok, this part was supposed to be the pcv valve, but now I guess not. All these parts can go back together as there is no known issue. I still would like to know what the mechanical parts are for inside the lower intake manifold.

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
variable intake manifold actuator (arrow) off intake manifold change-over valve -1-.

Note: The variable intake manifold change-over actuator is integrated in the manifold and is therefore not visible from the outside.

Sounds like what they call it; underlined above. I would test it and make sure; it doesn't have leaks and actuates as it should? Got a Mityvac vacuum pump tester or equivalent, to test the vacuum?

Testing procedures:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Did you clean it, replace the gasket, (you did that already) and do the throttle body alignment procedure?
Well, just to be sure, I pulled the throttle body to make sure I cleaned it as good as I thought I did.

20200914_195916.jpg

20200914_195907.jpg

Oddly, there was no gasket, but I think this used a rubber seal.

20200914_195015.jpg

Received and setup VCDS , but the throttle body is still off as well as the air box.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts