NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
I think no one has offered a wide kit (the real RSI), I am in the process of making copies of it with same or better than Caractere quality (there is no point in trying to make your bug a RSI if its going to look BAD), check the other thread, Ill keep you posted.

·
aussieveedubbers.com
20 Posts
Any more about the RSi kits?

There seems to be a few nice ones around lately, and I believe I am starting to be tempted.. :scared:

I understand that getting one to Australia would be a nightmare, but finding one will be harder! :dunno:

·
Beetle Cup racer
567 Posts
This next week 7-11 nov Ill have definitive info on the matter...

Ill keep you posted;)

·
Auto X
46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello everyone,i'm new here and its good to finally find a forum that has everything to do with this lovable car.
I've had my 2001 2.0 8v beetle for a year now (bought it off the dealership nearly NEW...yup bought in in 2005 and it had only 400km on it since it was the demo car at the dealership here in Cyprus.)
anyway, not to beat about the bush, I've been doing a lot of research during this year for performance related upgrades to the car (both engine upgrades, internal and external body upgrades) and found that if you look hard...there a hell of a lot of stuff for the NB.
anyway concerning the RSi kits,
theres one at i-magic, but the site's in jap talk,
theres also one at Bilbdon...but they give you a hell of a hard time on the phone,
and yes.....there's another one at PSG bodystyling , its cheap, its good, they ship fast and its easy to install, its not 100% rsi (cause DTM got their hands on it a bit!) but the front, rear end and spoiler are all rsi, only the side skirts are a bit different but there are lots of nicer options out there to go with!
just follow the link:

http://www.psgbodystyling.co.uk/vw_beetle.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
you couldn't be more right I'm afraid! just called them up and they confirmed thats its a rear skirt (apron) :rant2: :anon:

well u can scratch that idea ! :mad:

I'll keep searching ...it'll probably pop up somewhere else, and went it does...... :banana: :bowdown: !

·
Registered
4 Posts
WEHEY!!!!!

look what I just stumbled accross !!!

http://www.beetlecupconnection.com/store.htm

these guys seem to be selling exact replica rsi kits (front & rear apron, side skirts AND spoiler !!!!!)

prices seem pretty good as well ...but the prices are strictly for the US market (too bad for us europeans! we'll have to pay extra for shipping! ohh well!!!)

·
NewBeetleManiac
124 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey dkarmann, THANKS!
it was good to know that BCC is a major scam!

I can't believe I was on the verge of calling them up! good that I checked the forum first and saw ur input!

thanks again !

I will probably try and get it from Bilbdon...or else I'll have one made at one of the bodykit shops here in Cyprus.

regards, from a sunny place! :cool:

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
It's my duty to dig up this thread because....well just because!

Anywhere other than Bildon selling RSI kits, or good quality replica kits? The BCC and Strictlyforeign kits are not really replicas since they don't include the wider fenders and have different side skirts... so the hunt is still on.

BTW, has BCC improved? I couldnt read any of the threads that had previous feedback about that place, and I see that other forum members are sporting their stuff..

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
It doesn't have to be the real kit. It just has to look like one. ;)

I guess until someone is willing to invest in making more kits, we will just have to keep saving our pennies for the real thing...
Sucks for the people who have already bought the complete kit from Bildon and have had an accident, and need individual replacement parts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will FUND it and get it going. I would just need a volunteer for the parts to make molds. If someone is willing to lend us, and allow us to take apart there RSI, (replica would be better)... well then I would take @ two months to have Full Kits Available. I would NOT want to make them of Fiber Glass. I would rather have it be Urathane. I think I would set a goal for a complete set(Front & Rear Bumpers- Front & Rear Fenders- Both Side Skirts) Around or just under $3k

1 - 20 of 109 Posts