NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 157 Posts

·
That Crazy Belgian Guy
2,816 Posts
Wauw, congratz on a great bug ! it looks awesome, the colour is just fantastic, and a 2.5 engine must be cool as well !

Many happy and safe miles !

PS How many bhp does a 2.5 have?

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The car has 150hp. It is enough to keep up with yelojkt for now. Once Marcus chips yelojkt I'll be left in the dust but, thats okay I love my car!!!:)

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Marcus said he remembered someone on the org. posting pictures with the plastic on their car which gave him the idea to do that with Rubie. I appreciate all your comments on my car. I have got a few things for her like the monster mats but haven't had time to get any good shots also I have a stubby antenna on order for her. :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
rubie said:
Marcus said he remembered someone on the org. posting pictures with the plastic on their car which gave him the idea to do that with Rubie. I appreciate all your comments on my car. I have got a few things for her like the monster mats but haven't had time to get any good shots also I have a stubby antenna on order for her. :)

ooo stubby. nice :) i just got a euro switch today, and am looking forward to putting a rear fog in... love the mods :) such treats.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
What a gorgeous pic!! Absolutely stunning!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Your new beetle is beautiful.

After seeing it, I was thinking I should have waited to buy mine! lol

But seriously, I love mine. But it's a 2005 and doesn't have those cool lights that yours has. I was hasty but then again, I love her!

I have a question about yours though. Does it have the pop-up spoiler? I know the 2006's have standard 150hp but what about the spoiler?

Another issue I had with VW was that they wouldn't put one of the wings on it because of the pop-up spoiler. Will they put one on yours if you ask for it?

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thank you everyone! Since rubie is not a turbo she does not have a pop up spoiler. I believe VW would put a wing on her since there is no spoiler to contend with. The dash lights come standard in red while the speedometer is still blue ( no choice was given ) Hope this helps!!!!!!!!

·
Wheeeeeeeee!
250 Posts
That last picture = My new desktop, if you don't mind. :)

Looking at your pictures is really making the '06 grow on me. I'm not even sure I hate the squared off corner lights anymore ;)

However, I do wish the dashlights had more blue, less red/amber ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are those VW wheels ? I've been looking on VW.com but they're not listed there... would love to have those on my car.

Can you share some info, please ?

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Those are 17" alloy wheels from VW that comes on the 2006 model when you purchase pkg 2. If you are close to a dealership the wheels are listed in the 06' brochure.:)

21 - 40 of 157 Posts