NewBeetle.org Forums banner

41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
NKAWTG-N
62 Posts
Nice looking Dub. Does you Bug have:) city lights in them ..From the picture of your headlights, it looks like city lights.

Does any one know if these are interchangeable with 01 .

stinkbug

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
If you are talking about angel eyes like on BMW, no she does not have city lights. And "06" headlights and turn signals do not interchange with "05" or earlier New Beetles(unless you also switch out the fenders, running boards, and bumpers.

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks for helping me out with the answer about the city lights. I'm still not sure what they are.:) I did know that these lights I have don't fit on older model cars ( not that an 01 or an 05 is an old car) well you know what I mean.:)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Mary.Great car. Nice RED! WE'll have to run up to Wichita and see it sometime. Need some help getting it to out run Marcus?

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hey Bobby & Tina, It's great to hear from you. We keep saying we are going to make it to Ponca City to see you then something or other comes up and we don't make it. Marcus will be running yelojkt in an SCCA autocross this Saturday in Drumright, OK. He was invited down by Mad Mike who Rallys Stud Bug and he is the RE for OKlahoma. I will be there with rubie as well but not running. Due to the weather we take 2 cars to these events because of the boys.
Thanks for the comment on my car. For now I am going to leave it mostly stock so I don't have to compete with Marcus at car shows. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
message for rubie

Hi Rubie,
Love your name & colour!! i hope you can help me-I have just bought a salsa red beetle although i've not seen one in the flesh only on photos-my lovely new car wont be delivered until Jan 06. Which one of your photos would you say is the closest in colour as they all seem slightly different depending on the lighting! Sorry for the silly question but I've never bought a car that I hadn't seen before!

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hollylolly, You are going to love the colour in person even better than in pictures. I also bought mine sight unseen and had to wait for her. I think the picture of Rubie at the gas station is probably the closest to colour of all the photos I have of her but even that doesn't do the real colour justice. Here is the photo again so you don't have to go back looking for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Salsa red colour

Hi Rubie,
Thanks for your reply & attaching the photo.
Have you seen the new Mini it comes in a deep red colour-just wondered if it is similar?
Take Care
HollyLolly

·
Registered
7 Posts
salsa red

Thanks!
1 more question (I know I'ma real pain!) I just noticed the picture your husband attached when you first got rubie (the one you have as your little picture) That is an absolutely stunning deep red -does it look similar to that in the flesh or is it quite a lot darker? You can probably tell I'm a little worried-the colour has been printed in the new brochures & it looks very burgundy & i hate burgandy!!)
Thanks again
XX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Salsa Red -UK

Hi Rubie and HollyLolly,

I am in the UK and ordered a Beetle in salsa red back in September, but it is not likely to get here until January. Like HollyLolly, I am really concerned about the colour, because the card in the showroom was a really intense red, but the colour in the brochure (which has only just come out here) is more like dried blood! Like HollyLolly, I'd be grateful for any reassurance you can give me! Your Rubie looks fantastic, by the way. It's great to be able to get some idea of what mine will look like!

Thanks very much,

Jampot

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
HollyLolly,
You're not a pain at all. I love talking about Rubie!!! She's my baby:) That is an almost true to color picture. The car is a deep red like a ruby(hence the name). I think you will be very pleased with it. I don't think mine looks burgundy at all. No one has ever said it looks burgandy but they have said it is one of VW's best reds yet. You are going to love the car when you get it!!!!! Which pkg option did you get with your beetle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
salsa red

Rubie,
Thanks for being so great!! I am really excited now (but as jampot said-the new brochures have just come out & the colour doesn't look good at all!) I haven't got a package?! is that standard with your cars? I am getting a 1.4 with added aircon.
I have to say I also love your husbands car (my second choice was yellow & uptil now wasn't sure whether to change my mind!)
Have a good day XX

·
Registered
7 Posts
salsa red

Hi Jampot
Good to hear from someone else like me! I think my car dealer hates me!-I ordered the car, then saw the brochure & went back to look at the sample again-no one there could help as no-one had seen one. He tried to tell me he thought it would look the same colour as on the vw web site, which someone else has since said its very different! I wont be getting mine until around Feb-seems like years away!

41 - 60 of 157 Posts