NewBeetle.org Forums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Just having fun!!!!!!!!!!
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Ok, I've been gone for awhile. I have been very busy with work and all. Marcus and I did manage to get a few pics of Rubie as we were heading through the Flint Hills on our way to MN to see his sister and meet her fiance. I hope you enjoy these photos.:) :) :)

Attachments

·
Kupla Man
54 Posts
Now that's a beauty! :)

And I love those wheels, VW has done something right.

Is it possible to get those wheels 18" or 19" ??

-n

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Is it possible to get those wheels 18" or 19" ??

-n[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. They came stock 17's with pkg 2.

Thanks for the comments on Rubie!!!:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ya and greetings from australia ...

i just joined this site ... love all the VW's ... esp the old kombi's ... i'm also thinking of replacing my current car with a beetle when it's lease expirwes in a year ... hence my interest in this thread ... i really love the colour of this beetle ... i'm not sure if it's a colour that is available here in aus, but i will check ...

i also have two kids, so i really want something that i can use to drop the kids off to school .. scoot down to the shops .. put a bit of shopping in ... take the kids to ice hockey etc ... i am sick of boring cars ... the beetle is so cute ... easy to drive - pref an auto, easy to park, easy on the juice ... zippy without necessarily being a rocket racer.. - able to add a sat nav so i don't get lost :eek: ... and something with a bit of personality ...

can i ask, have you found it reliable and easy to get serviced etc ( i saw a report on the internet that concerned me - it said that consumers reported the beetle as the most unreliable car :( ) ...

also - someone earlier ask about the front being low - is that an issue ... i have not driven one yet ... but have sat in one in the showroom (to see if we all fit ok - no problems:)
) ... it did seem to me that the front was very hard to see from the drivers position... in fact, sitting inside the car behind the wheel, i couldn't see the front of the car at all - is this an issue - ghave others found this - do you get used to it? ... perhaps it's because i am used to driving a 4WD ....

sorry about all the questions ... but i really love your car ... it looks great ... just wanted an opinion on those issues that i mentioned ..

regards

ps ... some of your photos are spectacular ... very "artistic" and professional ... they compliment a beautiful car really well ... well done :)
A|T

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
First of all let me say thank you for the comments on the photos of my beetle. I don't get online much anymore, so sorry it has taken me awhile to get back to you.

I do find Rubie to be reliable. She is not lowered so I don't have any problems in that regard. When I've taken her to the dealership for service they get her in and out quickly and if they need to keep her for something such as a warrantee item they usually are able to give me a rental for as long as they have her. You do get use to not seeing the front of the car when you are driving and parking. I hope I answered most of your questions about Rubie. I hope you have a fabulous day:) :)

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
Oh Honeybug you are such a liar. :D Just kidding. we have had a few problems, such as the auto-up function on the window and radio presets, but other than that and the fact that she is not nearly as cool as Yelojkt...just poke'n fun at ya hun. Yeah I wish.

·
vdUbing
96 Posts
NICE!! Ruby is HOT! HEHE! I like that boddy kit on the yellow beetle! I have kept mine all stock. (wanting to pay the loan down a bit) In 6 months or so im going to start having fun with the body and wheels. I just SURE like that body kit!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,013 Posts
yelojkt said:
Rubie is gone but not forgotten. We traded her in on a different car for Mary. The dealership sold her two days later. Pics of new car comming soon.
:eek: :crying:

·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Sorry for disappointing everyone with me getting rid of Rubie but I needed something a little bit bigger and with 4 doors. I still own a VW just not a bug. I now own a pretty little 08' GTI 4 door.

I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile but things are crazy as ever here.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
With 2 kiddos, I could definitely see the need for a four door!!! I hope Rubie's owner loves her like you did! Congrats on the GTI.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts