NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes Ladies and Gentleman, A new idea for a New Beetle GTG is brewing.

Run For The Border! South of the Border that is!

Since our cars were assembled in Mexico we thought it was only fitting that we have a GTG at the world famous tourist trap on I-95 in Dillon SC.

Just imagine, pictures of you and your beloved Beetle in front of the 200 foot tall Neon Sombrero! The opportunity to eat authentic South Carolina Mexican food with your New Beetle Amigos! Cheap Mexican bobbles made in China are available at every turn for your shopping pleasure!

Miles from anywhere, close to nowhere, this iconic tourist trap is sure to provide all the fun and excitement you and your New Beetle can stand!

Details you cry? Well........Details I gots!

We arrive from all points of the compass early afternoon on the 19th of January. Hotel rooms at this 5 star resort start at about $56.00 a night and go up to the executive suites at about $125.00 a night. We roam around the historic and beautiful grounds partaking in both American and Mexican heritages, shopping in the authentic Mexican shops and boutiques.

After dinner in one of the finest dining establishments Dillon South Carolina has to offer, we can take a ride up the 200' tall neon sombrero to marvel at the stunning South, and North Carolina countryside. A refreshing dip in the indoor heated pool and then it's off to slumber land for a restful nights sleep. The next day we meet for breakfast and a few parting pictures and it's back home again. Surely a trip you will remember for a life time.

This amazing experience is being planned for Saturday January 19th with everyone departing for home on the 20th. Since January 21st is Martin Luther King day, some us may even have a day to recuperate from the intense overload of excitement this excursion is sure to bring.

No passport is required, No out of pocket expenses needed except food, fuel and lodging. Maybe some Rolaids and Pepto-Bismol might be in order, but that's about it.

What more can you ask for out of a weekend in January?

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Run for the Border 2013

Information as Promised:

We are staying at South Of The Border in Dillon SC. I just blocked off 20 rooms all adjacent to each other at their standard rate. The rooms have two double beds in them and are around their outside pool. They are $59.41 a night. Half of the rooms are smoking rooms so we don't have to go through that fiasco. The deluxe rooms are $81.75 a night and are around the indoor pool. Same layout two double beds. We can use the indoor pool if we chose to walk over there and do so.

When you call to reserve, mention that you are with the New Beetle Group and that should get you placed near the rest of us.

The Toll Free reservations number is (800)845-6011 Their website is http://www.thesouthoftheborder.com

I'm starting to get heartburn just thinking about it!

Pedro and I are looking forward to seeing you there!

Chuckie

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Sounds like a plan!

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But of Course

Si. You can wear your sombrero amigo. In fact, we were planning a photo shoot with everyone wearing sombreros sitting cross legged in front of their cars pretending to be asleep!

Or maybe a few Clint Eastwood like shots with the beetles in the background!

I can see the video in my head already with the soundtrack from one of Clint's spaghetti westerns playing in the background as we pull in! Something like a Fist Full of Dollars or For a Few Dollars more.

Working on more details today. Should have more up soon.

Chuckie

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A couple pics....

A few fotos to get you in the mood.

Attachments

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Official foto.

Once again I am astounded by the artwork from my brother from another mother Pancho, I mean Al! This is starting to look like a lot of fun for an over night trip on I-95. I will start getting all the lodging information today and will be posting it soon.

Chuckie

Attachments

·
Momentai!!!
1,092 Posts
I LOVE the artwork!!! The made in Mexico is really cute! I'm really excited for this!

Sent from my SCH-S950C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
668 Posts
Once again I am astounded by the artwork from my brother from another mother Pancho, I mean Al! This is starting to look like a lot of fun for an over night trip on I-95. I will start getting all the lodging information today and will be posting it soon.

Chuckie
ummm.......what is a new beete.org southeast event?

·
Cheeeto's Daddy
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well..........

A new Beetle Southeast Event is an event that is/was created on the newbeetle.org website in the forums section. Specifically under the event announcements and planning section where it breaks down the country and world into regions. The southeast being one of them.

Anyone can attend. We prefer the water cooled beetles just because they are so misunderstood and under represented in the VW circle of car enthusiasts. And of course because we have them.

And besides, Do you really want to hammer out your kidneys and flatten your spleen driving the "Beast" all the way to SOB?

Chuckie

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I think he was getting at the typo in the artwork.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
You guys make me want to move down that way. I totally wish I wasnt 24 hours away.

How hard is it to find jobs and housing? :lol:

BTW Chuckie, your intro was funny. Like ROFL funny! :D

1 - 20 of 173 Posts