NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checked out the fiances glove box and found a neat little deal about a 12 year rust protection on her car...any way of finding out if mine has the same? i have a small patch of rust on the hatch that id like to get taken care of soon and if its under warranty somehow that would just rock!

thanks in advance

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so do i just call up there and be like

hi my new beetle is rusting can i scheldue an appointment to get it fixed

or what? never had a car with any kind of warranty before and dont know how that would work

·
strange things are afoot
1,535 Posts
is there a hole completely thru the hatch? otherwise, VW wont cover it. it is a perforation, 12 years unlimited mileage, but it has to rust a complete hole thru the metal to get coverage

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eeyore said:
is there a hole completely thru the hatch? otherwise, VW wont cover it. it is a perforation, 12 years unlimited mileage, but it has to rust a complete hole thru the metal to get coverage
its along the edge of the passanger side of the hatch...its pretty deep but not all the way through...at least i dont think it is at this time

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I called VW today to schedult an appointment to get a rust spot fixed. Not only does the rust have to go through the metal, but the rust has to come from the inside-out, and not from the outside-in.

I have an appointment at a body shop to get it fixed now, but what a stupid warranty, I hate VW. :mad:

SMG

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Best thing would be to pay a visit to a couple of VW dealers, or at the very least call more than one. Service is by no means consistent. I would for example think that if there is a leak or potential for a leak then that could be understood as a perforation. But again, it's best to shop around, and see who is more willing to earn your time and business. If it's not an emergency fix, put the ball on the other side.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts