NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
New Beetle Lover
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks. I haven't posted an awful lot out here, but this has been the place where I come for any kind of DYI repairs for my Bug.

Last Tuesday, I tried to go out to get some basic groceries to hold me over during this awful snowstorm that lasted almost a week here. Unfortunately, a woman on her way home from work lost control of her Aveo, crossed the median and tagged me, almost head-on.

I am okay now, but my bp spikes whenever I think about getting a new vehicle (like right now).

I got word from the insurance company today that they want to "total" my Bug and they are willing to give me $6,325, but that their estimate is that it will take $6,100+ to repair all the damage (both front airbags deployed in the crash), along with the $825 to buy it back from them to try to resurrect it..

So, it ooks like I will lose my beloved Bug. :(

I've been looking around, but I am having trouble finding another Bug with all the goodies my previous one had (GLS with COld Weather Package - suuuuweeeet!).

Anyway, few of the people I know in r/l know how much I loved my Buggee, but I knew that you all out here would identify.

·
~Feel the Sting~
2,441 Posts
That's sad :(

Glad you are ok though! Cars are beautiful and we give them personalities, but in the end, they are just cars and can be replaced. People can't be replaced so easily. :)

If you need help shopping for a new ride, let me know. I love e-shopping :)

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Oh noes!! D: I can't imagine losing my buggy. I hope you find another one! :(

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
2004 2.0L GL Cyber Green
4,674 Posts
that makes me want to cry :crying: poor Beetle, I couldn't imagine what I would do if this happened to mine, I got run off the road today almost hit the curb because of a van being a jerk, scared me half to death :mad:

Anyway, I hope you find another Beetle you fall in love with, I know nothing will replace this one but you can probably get close, good luck :grouphug:

·
Registered
314 Posts
how sad. i love blue bugs...i want to cry seeking it wrecked like that.
those airbags are expensive to replace.
hope you are doing well and find what you want. i love my beetle and i am new to the bug family.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Take the $6k and walk away. That's quite a good offering (personally) for a 10 year-old NB. Sucks that it happened, though.

·
New Beetle Lover
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just found a Silver '99 with all the goodies my '00 has, but they want 'waaayyyyy too much for it. I'm still looking. if I can't find another Bug right away, I'd like to get some other VW or Audi. Would love an Audi TT, but I think one of those would be out ofmy price range.

·
New Beetle Lover
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, yeah, I probably will. Between the air bags deploying and the control arm damaged, and who knows what else, repairs aren't an option without some kind of Divine Intervention. *LOL*

Take the $6k and walk away. That's quite a good offering (personally) for a 10 year-old NB. Sucks that it happened, though.

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Stupid Aveo.:mad: Good luck on finding another Beetle!!:)

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
*LOL* The first car I ever rented out when I was without transportation was an Aveo. Ever since then, I have called them Avoid-O's.
Too bad this one couldn't have avoided you and your NB!:rolleyes::mad::) The Aveo is basically a glorified version of the Geo Metro. My dad had 2 and it wasn't so bad for a person who's not into cars.:D The thing only had 3 cylinders and a top speed of 60 on the highway when the wind was really blustery.:p

·
VW Junky
1,032 Posts
I'd buff it and roll with it,smiling as if she were only 100 miles young again.;)

I'm sorry about your experience,6k is a good lump sum for an old bug,well "new" bug...

I hope you find something nice that suits your taste...Maybe another Nb?:cool:

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
Oh, no! So sorry about your New Beetle. :(

But, the most important thing is, you are OK. Cars can be replaced, people cannot. I hope you can find a New Beetle to replace your poor NB that sacrificed himself for you. Good luck, and take care. :eek:

·
Can you handle it??
1,673 Posts
I am SO sorry to hear this. :( I am glad that you are okay.
These crazy things happen for a reason. I'm not exactly sure, what reason, But a reason none the less. :(

You will get a New Beetle, I hope, and find that you love this one too. Maybe not the same as your other one, but just as much, definitely. :) I know from past experience. I still have a spot for my yellow beetle in my heart, even though she is not around any more. :(

Good Luck to you. It will all works itself out, I promise. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am so sorry that happened. I am so glad your bug protected you. So glad you're ok!

·
Peave Love and Beetles
844 Posts
awe poor beetle....im srry this happened.

·
New Beetle Lover
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hey, everyone!

I want to take a moment out to thank everyone who chimed in on my thread for their kindness and support. It's too bad we can't have some kind of national gathering of all us Beetle drivers somewhere awesome that we could all bring our cars together for a week and have a HUGE convention/party. :D

I would LOVE to get a new Bug and I have a lead on one that is exactly like my old one, except it is black, but I have to do some research on it as it is getting close to the 90k mark and will most likely need to have the water pump swapped out immediately.

Elsewise, I'm going to just get what I can afford.

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
Good luck! :fingerscrossed: :wink:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Awww sorry to see ur nB all broken like that..But super glad ur ok..Good Luck finding another nB that suits u :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts