NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Aimee M.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those visiting the thread for the first time, I think I'll keep this first post updated with the things we haven't gotten yet in boldface, so hopefully it's easier than jumping through the whole thread.

My new little green frog beetle has a few things he wants.
He's a 2007 Gecko Green with a manual transmission and a sunroof. Black leather interior. Not sure what other detail might be pertinent.

He wants floor mats, he has none.

He has a broken plastic bracket around the rear seat latch to fold it down.

Oh and he has no little trunk lid/flap to hide the goodies he's hauling around.

:D There IS a flower vase, thanks to Bratgirl!!:D

I'm not sure how easy or hard those things are to come by, but I figured we should ask here and see what happens!
Thanks for looking at his wish list :D

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
If you can swing it, spend around $100 at the dealer for a set of Monster Mats. It will be the best $100 you ever spent! If you go, don't forget to mention the year. Different locking clips.

Check junkyards for the cargo shelf. Why people loose these things, I will never know.

So glad you have your New Beetle finally! :)

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Watch the classifieds here as people often part out these guys and gals. And as was said have fun at a junk yard.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Worry less, drive more
4,270 Posts
Monster mats are super easy to clean, just put them in the dishwasher. They do a great job of protecting your carpet too, especially when we get lots of snow.

·
Apprentice Org-aholic!
1,470 Posts
As stated, Monster Mats are the way to go. So easy to clean, when at the car wash, just spray them off and your good as new. I also heard somewhere to put them in the dish washer... Any who, you should check out the Euro style mats. Aplseed just bought a pair for her beetle and they look pretty cool. The have the VW logo instead of the NB logo. Also as stated they really do keep the snow off the floor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Aimee M.
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If I get some, they probably have to have the NB logo. I think it is adorable, and really, other VWs are ok I guess, but my interest is only in the Beetle, not any of their other vehicles (except maybe a bus). I admit, the Jetta was a wonderful car (it BROKE the crusher!!) but the Beetle is ME, you know?

Would it have been better to post an individual thread for each item that I want?

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
No, your list is all in one place, keep it that way. :)

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
There is no flower vase.

:D
I have a clear one I will send you for free if you want to "private message" me your address...:D
Barb

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Hey there! I sent your bud vase yesterday afternoon. I forgot to ask when it should arrive:mad:
I did get a delivery confirmation number, so maybe we can get an idea from that. I just don't have it with me right now.
I am hoping it won't take more than 2 or 3 days since our states are "neighbors". You might start checking with the office on maybe Saturday?
I will let you know the delivery confirmation number when I get home.
Barb:p

Tracking says it should be delivered on the 13th...usps tracking # 9500110164733100557129

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I'll keep my eyes out for a seat latch at the junkyards here. I love any excuse to go junk yarding :D. I'll lyk if I find one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Beetle gone bye bye.
482 Posts
Good Morning!
I have no idea what is up with the post office. I checked this morning and it says your package was "missent" and then routed back to the Denver sorting facility. You might want to let your office know that you are expecting a package, (if you haven't already) so that they don't refuse it as being delivered to the wrong address. Hopefully you will get it today?

Well crap! I guess it is being returned to me because they say it had the zip for Boulder (80302) on it. I know it had the correct zip on it because my receipt from the post office with the tracking number has the correct one. I don't understand how it could get so screwed up, because those zips aren't even close?
Anyway, I will re-send it as soon as I get it back.
So sorry Aimee :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts