NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a check engine code P1432 on my 2000 Beetle. I did a motor swap on it that came out of a 2001 but didn't think it would matter, but thought I would throw that in there. I located the relay for the secondary pump and verified that the pump is working by putting a jumper between pin 87 and pin 30 on the high amp relay. pin 85 test correctly, switches to 12v + with ignition. The problem child is pin 86. I believe this pin is controlled by the ECM to turn the relay on and off. I have nothing on this pin and therefore the relay will not energize to turn the pump on. I really don't care if I even have the pump but the problem is that I have a check engine light on and that's gotta go. Short of putting tape over the light, haha, I need to find a fix. Does anyone know the issue? If not, does anyone have a wiring diagram that shows where this wire goes and what it's controlled by? It is a gray with orange stripe wire and if I ground it when the ignition is on, the pump turns on and all is good. Putting to constant ground isn't the correct answer either because the light is still on. Any help is appreciated, I know automotive electronics pretty well so feel free to throw whatever you can at me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts